• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets or Flexjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any comparison? Pay, 401k, schedule, work environment? Upgrade?

Tks

Check out www.airlinepilotcentral.com and look at the fractional tab. You will find a lot of info on both. A few key differentiators:

1. Netjets has a pilots union (positive or negative depending upon your viewpoint) and Flexjet does not

2. Netjets offers a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule to a percentage of pilots while Flexjet does not

3. Flexjet is owned by an aircraft manufacturer (Bombardier) and it therefore is limited in terms of what types of aircraft it will operate while Netjets operates aircraft from various manufactureres. I personally believe the Challenger 300 operated by Flexjet is one of the most capable and best looking aircraft out there - and many owners agree (very fast growing fleet).

4. Both offer newhire pilots a set number of domiciles - look at the above website for details.

I believe you could not go wrong with either choice. Good luck!

Consider upgrade time, also. AT NJ the conservative estimate is 3-5 yrs. I don't know about Flex. Good Luck with your decision--whatever you decide.

To add fuel to the fire, I had a couple of friends go to FJ and they did not like it and quit within 5 months. One went to Russia (A320 contract) the other to airtran. (these 2 guys out of 10 that I have talked to).

I have only talked to 1 guy that came to NJ that isnt happy. (this 1 out of probably 30 that I have talked to).

( these are all former Indy Air pilots).

I think Bailey can add more to this.

To add fuel to the fire, I had a couple of friends go to FJ and they did not like it and quit within 5 months. One went to Russia (A320 contract) the other to airtran. (these 2 guys out of 10 that I have talked to).

I have only talked to 1 guy that came to NJ that isnt happy. (this 1 out of probably 30 that I have talked to).

These two guys wouldn't have liked it at NJ either frac wasn't for them.

These 2 you were talking about both had airlines in their blood and where not happy unless they were flying for the airlines.
I came from Indy also and I have to say this is the best job I have ever had. I currently get more days off then when I was with the airlines. I get treated extremely well and when there is an issue I do have people I can call who will help me instead of blowing me off like the airlines. Pay is very livable and the bases are not bad either. I have flown to places I never even knew of and had it where I was in cold NYC then spent the night at an all inclusive club in Mexico.
Honestly I can say that Flex and NetJets are about the same the biggest difference is A) The Union B) Size ( Flex is tiny compared to Netjets and to me is more like family since I am getting to know everyone.)
So to answer that guys question, you cant go wrong with either one and being in the fractionals is the safest place to be right now compared to the airlines.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back