NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

-FlyAuburn-

Just wondering, does anyone know what percentage out of each class is being hired? I read back in December that it was close to 100% but now I am hearing they are telling people they are only hiring about 50% from each class since they can afford to be picky. Anyone have any confirmed info about the recent classes?

Last edited:
It is more like 35% as of last month.

I am hearing they are telling people they are only hiring about 50% from each class since they can afford to be picky.

Lets hope so. I for one would prefer to keep NetJets THE premier company to work for, thus keeping the rift-raft flying for the other guys.

Yes, I know I sound like a "higher than thou" pilot... but the truth hurts, and this industry, like all others has its share of excellent, educated, motivated, team playing professionals who are second to none (the ones I want at NetJets). And then it has the fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals as well (the ones I dont want at NetJets).

Just my .02
Wolfpack

Lets hope so. I for one would prefer to keep NetJets THE premier company to work for, thus keeping the rift-raft flying for the other guys.

Yes, I know I sound like a "higher than thou" pilot... but the truth hurts, and this industry, like all others has its share of excellent, educated, motivated, team playing professionals who are second to none (the ones I want at NetJets). And then it has the fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals as well (the ones I dont want at NetJets).

Just my .02
Wolfpack

Let me make sure I understand this post.

Only those pilots who work at NetJets are excellent, educated, motivated, team playing professionals who are second to none.

All other pilots, by definition, are fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals.

Wolfpack, you might want to open your eyes and your mind. You might even learn that there are some fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals at NetJets. I'm not going to mention names, but I know a few.

Grow up, fool!

By the way, that's "riff-raff", not "rift-raft". Maybe you should work on your own education before you shoot your mouth off.

I think he was saying that we don't just want a warm body in the seat, but someone that will contribute to safety, teamwork, and overall growth of the company. It is true that there are fat, lazy, complaining, non-professional pilots in EVERY operation, but we would like to keep those limited to those that are already here.

I think that I understand what Wolfpack is saying, it is just that he is coming across a little harshly. Especially in light of the fact that hiring standards are now tighter then they have been previously and perhaps some of the folks now on NetJet property may not have even been invited up to interview in the present hiring process.

That said, I would think that a good and thorough pre-screening process would limit the candidate pool brought up to CMH to only those that meet NetJets specifically desired pilot profile. In other words, if they bring you up for the interview they should WANT to hire you and it is up to you to convince them not too. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time and money for all parties.

Last edited:
6 out of 10 in my interview group got offers in January, they told us they would like to hire everybody provided that they fit the profile, we are all now in class, and loving this place, the best aviation entity I have ever been associated with. motivated? thats putting it lightly !

Let me make sure I understand this post.

Only those pilots who work at NetJets are excellent, educated, motivated, team playing professionals who are second to none.

All other pilots, by definition, are fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals.

Wolfpack, you might want to open your eyes and your mind. You might even learn that there are some fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals at NetJets. I'm not going to mention names, but I know a few.

Grow up, fool!

By the way, that's "riff-raff", not "rift-raft". Maybe you should work on your own education before you shoot your mouth off.

You are putting words in his mouth. We at NJA feel that we are THE fractional to be at. That isn't arrogance, it is pride. (I think we have earned it).

We want the BEST of the best to help secure our future. We are able to be picky with the contract we secured in December '07.

Last edited:
I think that I understand what Wolfpack is saying, it is just that he is coming across a little harshly. Especially in light of the fact that hiring standards are now tighter then they have been previously and perhaps some of the folks now on NetJet property may not have even been invited up to interview in the present hiring process.

That said, I would think that a good and thorough pre-screening process would limit the candidate pool brought up to CMH to only those that meet NetJets specifically desired pilot profile. In other words, if they bring you up for the interview they should WANT to hire you and it is up to you to convince them not too. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time and money for all parties.

You hit the nail on the head.

FYI, NJA spends about $2000 on you before you even make it to CMH. They WANT you to succeed during the interview process.

They know about sources like aviationinterviews.com, and ENCOURAGE applicants to read up on the latest. It shows a desire to do well.

Latest resources

Back