• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fully understand what the NJ guys are trying to say. It is not arrogance, it is pride in their company and what they have worked so hard to build. I for one am very tired of the inconsistency in professionalism of pilots that I have had the pleasure and displeasure of flying with at small time 135 operations. I am ready to work for a company where 99% of the pilots already there are 100% committed to excellence all of the time. That means purposefully following SOPS, regulations, safety protocols, etc. no matter what. That means that no matter who you fly with, you know it is going to be a professional cockpit and a safe flight. I have flown with so many different Captains (and been the Captain) for 135 operations. The CA sets the tone. If the tone is one of laziness, machoism, and a deliberate violation of SOPS etc, it is a miserable experience for the other pilot that is trying to do it the right way.

I am glad they are weeding the guys out that may look good on paper, but who are in the end unfit for an operation such as NetJets. My interview is Feb 25-27. I am sincerely hoping that the interview board will see in me the type of pilot, committed to safety first and then customer service, and that I will be chosen. There is always the chance that I will not be and that is ok, maybe it won't be a good fit for them now or ever. We'll see.

I think some applicants from RJ backgrounds or straight 121 backgrounds are getting turned down because of obvious misgivings about the level of customer service required. If I had to guess it is the HR interview that is gigging most of the applicants. Remember, safety first, but followed very closely by excellent customer service and a creative attitude towards solving owner's problems. Also, if you come off as someone with very little people skills you will probably not get selected.

Good luck to all and I hope to be flying with you guys real soon!

FWIW 10 of 30 were hired in my class in 1996. 6 eventually went to the majors, and all have subsequently spent at least 8 of the last 12 years on furlough or no longer working for said major.

Last edited:
I fully understand what the NJ guys are trying to say. It is not arrogance, it is pride in their company and what they have worked so hard to build.

Good luck to all and I hope to be flying with you guys real soon!

FlyAuburn and all other hopefulls, dont be fooled, this is a great company and job, but we have our problems too. If you come from an airline background, the first thing that you will notice is we have no crew rooms or crew room friendships. Most of the senior guys think that they are aviation gods, when in reallity they couldnt get hired back in the 90s when every airline was hiring. They will tell you that the airlines sucked, but these are the guys that had to... 1)pay for training , 2)move to Columbus, 3) file their own flight plans, 4) get wake up phone calls at all hours of the night to ASAP somewhere. Or go to a regional or major and have a fixed schedule with none of this other bullsh!t.

These are the guys who got hired with a pulse, now that the union has made this a respectable job, the company can be more selective as to who they hire.

Dont get me wrong, this is a great place to be, but dont kid yourself, we do have our share of problems.

Good luck to all.

Back to the original topic ...

Numbers I heard, and I do mean "heard", in other words - PURE RUMOR!

Receiving around 50 resumes a day, interviewing 5% of the folks sending resumes and hiring around 50% of those interviewed.

That would come out to be about 18,000 resumes received and 450 hired for 2008. That sounds a little high to me. Don't think they are planning on hiring 450 this year but it seems pretty close.

Again, PURE RUMOR. This information is for entertainment purposes only.

Besides looking at large amounts of flight time and seeing who can answer all the fluffy customer service questions, the interviewing pilots who passed the sim ride and everything else should be given one last test before getting hired.

In Columbus, take each prosepective plilot out to a plane with an enormous amount of luggage sitting next to it, the cabin being filthy, and the jepps being three revisions out of date. The test would be to see who cleans the plane the best, loads all the luggage without complaining and updates all the jepps correctly. If they do a great job and can handle doing this everyday, then they get the job.

Some pilots forget that we have to do a bit more than an airline pilot. I'm tired of guys leaving the planes in bad shape.

Most of the senior guys think that they are aviation gods, when in reallity they couldnt get hired back in the 90s when every airline was hiring. They will tell you that the airlines sucked, but these are the guys that had to... 1)pay for training , 2)move to Columbus, 3) file their own flight plans, 4) get wake up phone calls at all hours of the night to ASAP somewhere. Or go to a regional or major and have a fixed schedule with none of this other bullsh!t.

These are the guys who got hired with a pulse, now that the union has made this a respectable job, the company can be more selective as to who they hire.

....Or were smart enough to recognize that Executive Jet was likely going to grow into something huge and took the gamble to stay and not give in to the big jet complex.

I personally passed on a job with one of the big 5 and know many others that did. This place wasn't great back then. But it beat the hell out of any (or my) former commuter job for pay/benefits and still had a schedule. I am in the top 5% now of NJA and certainly do not consider myself an aviation god nor do I know any who do. (the only one who might have went to NJI long ago.) :D

Sorry you didn't get here earlier Ski and Surf. But don't be bitter toward those who did.

and perhaps some of the folks now on Netjets property may not have even been invited up to interview in the present hiring process.

Absolutely true!! But ask any very senior legacy pilot and most will say the same thing! But that's the biotch of good (or bad) timing!

Latest resources

Back