• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the senior guys think that they are aviation gods, when in reallity they couldnt get hired back in the 90s when every airline was hiring.

These are the guys who got hired with a pulse...

This has to be one of the most ignorant and ill informed post I've read, even by FI standards.
Although I'm sure there are a few people like you described, you are making a very broad generalization.

I hate to break it to you but many of us weren't ga ga over the airlines. Several 121 CPs thought I was crazy when I declined their job offers in favor of Executive Jet. Yes, I was accepted at and declined airline offers in the 1990s....and I saved myself a few furloughs in the process. I do not have a questionable history that makes me "unmarketable."
I'm glad to be here and have no regrets...and I still have no desire to work for the airlines.

Obviously you didn't.... Fool? Hmm... now we're name calling?

Let me go get a juice box and my crayons and get back with you...

I wasn't sure I properly interpreted your broad brush description, and said so.

Anyone who categorizes entire populations as you did is acting foolishly. Thus my use of the word.

BTW, you haven't availed yourself of the opportunity to clarify this and educate me.

Best wishes for success to all you "fat, lazy,etc, etc" pilots who get hired at NetJets. You will now become lean and mean "educated, team playing professionals".

My point was and is that the vast majority of pilots, regardless of where they work, are dedicated professionals.

Besides looking at large amounts of flight time and seeing who can answer all the fluffy customer service questions, the interviewing pilots who passed the sim ride and everything else should be given one last test before getting hired.

In Columbus, take each prosepective plilot out to a plane with an enormous amount of luggage sitting next to it, the cabin being filthy, and the jepps being three revisions out of date. The test would be to see who cleans the plane the best, loads all the luggage without complaining and updates all the jepps correctly. If they do a great job and can handle doing this everyday, then they get the job.

Some pilots forget that we have to do a bit more than an airline pilot. I'm tired of guys leaving the planes in bad shape.

I've been practicing for just such an interview scenario. My secret? Playing endless Tetris games and cleaning my kitchen daily.

Skyward80

In Columbus, take each prosepective plilot out to a plane with an enormous amount of luggage sitting next to it, the cabin being filthy, and the jepps being three revisions out of date. The test would be to see who cleans the plane the best, loads all the luggage without complaining and updates all the jepps correctly. If they do a great job and can handle doing this everyday, then they get the job.

Some pilots forget that we have to do a bit more than an airline pilot. I'm tired of guys leaving the planes in bad shape.

Amen, I'm just a little sick of guys who pay someone to vacumn the back of the jet. Then when it looks bad complain, or even worse don't realize it looks bad. Don't even get me started on luggage or jepps.

I just got the job 2 days ago. My interview group kept in touch while waiting. We sent out emails, we know of one for sure that didn't get it, and three that did which includes myself. So from what we can tell 3 out of 12 got the job. Again, I haven't heard from anyone else...so i'm guessing.

Number of NetJets pilots

From time to time people post info on how many pilots NetJets plans to hire. Though it doesn't forecast the future, it may be of interest to look at how the seniority list has grown in the recent past.

Just looking at the informal notes I've kept: in January 06, right after the new contract was signed, there were about 2300 pilots.

In Jan 07, there were about 2600 pilots.

In Jan 08, there were about 2730 pilots.

In two years my original seniority number has decreased 121 numbers.

Our junior captain (excepting management pilots) is about 2000, but he might be considered "out of seniority" since the "pack" seems to be making captain around 1800. Significantly, the company seems to be raising the percentage of SIC's in each fleet and comensurately lowering the percentage of captains.

The junior guy on our latest seniority list is 2782.

That is a long seniority list and one must wonder how much more it will grow and how quickly it will grow. Both of these factors are of vital interest to prospective hires.

Each year, the rumor was that NetJets planned on hiring 450 pilots. We have had some attrition, but even given that, NetJets seniority list has grown about 400 numbers in the last two years, or about 200/year.

Were I a young pilot just starting out, I would think twice about joining such a long and young seniority list due to the slow progression. However, the security and stability of NetJets is a powerful attraction for the feint of heart.

Anyone else have a different perspective?

Were I a young pilot just starting out, I would think twice about joining such a long and young seniority list due to the slow progression. However, the security and stability of NetJets is a powerful attraction for the feint of heart.

Anyone else have a different perspective?

I rarely fly with guys under 40. I'm usually paired with guys in their 50's and 60's. I can't find the demographics charts online.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back