• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, there's at least one guy who voluntarily left JetBlue to come to NJA. And I don't care if someone thinks 121 is better or worse then NJ. But, when the same individual consistently posts how much better it would be to fly for a 121 (in a few different threads), then I say go to the better 121 job if you are that miserable here. Delta, NWA, United are all hiring!

1st Commandment of Aviation: Thou shalt never ever say anything remotely critical of NetJets or a plague of fractional locusts will descend upon thee.

I notice that most (not all) of the anti airline types have either not flown 121 or have only flown 121 regional. Just saying.....

While there are former major/legacy pilots at NJ my guess is the majority of NJ pilots were either out of work, just leaving the military, furloughed, flying for a regional, flying corporate or flying 135 charter. How many prior SWA, FedEx, UPS, AirTran, Frontier, JetBlue, DAL, NWA, UAL, CAL, Spirit or Alaska pilots are there at NJ? I'm not talking about retirees or guys that were furloughed at the time. How many former legacy/major airline guys leave that job to go to NJ? There are some, but not many. That should tell anybody with a lick of common sense those airline jobs aren't that bad. If they were we'd all be leaving in droves to go to NJ. The same can be said about NJ. Not many leave there to go to a major, but some do.

I get real tired of the holier than thou types at any good job that seem to think only they know what's best and how only they played the game right right and won. For the overwhelming majority of us it's luck. We paid our dues in various ways and then applied to the companies we think we would like to work for. Almost all of us took the first decent job offer that came our way. The smart ones realise that and stay grateful and humble. The rest pontificate about how smart they are and how the rest of us are "fat, lazy, unprofessional idiots".

If I were unemployed I would love to get a job at NJ. If I were unemployed and had job offers from a major and NJ which would I choose? I don't know. It's a tough call. I know I wouldn't leave my current major (JetBlue) to go there. I also doubt that I'd leave NJ to go to JetBlue either.

Congrats to those of you at NJ for landing an excellent job. I wouldn't be so quick to castigate the rest of us though. As shocking as it may sound some of us also work for good companies that treat us well and we enjoy our jobs. I know, I know. Blasphemy! All airlines suck! NJ is the only true job! All others are false gods! Blah, blah, blah........

BTW, the guy that claimed being a NJ SIC is better than being a legacy widebody CA is on crack. If he'd said he'd rather be a NJ CA than a major/legacy FO I might have agreed with him, but what he actually wrote was just plain stupid.

With exception of your first paragraph, an excellent post, Caveman.

Not all of us NJA folk will call the plague of locusts onto the Blasphemers....unless you are a friend of B19 of course. (Oopsy, did I say that???)

Too bad this thread was Hijacked, it would have made a good seperate discussion.

KMan, time to a few days off, Bud.

How many JetBlue, NWA are there at NJ?

One of my best friends left JetBlue last year for NetJets.

I also fly with a 747 NW Capt. who left at age 55 for NetJets... His reason? He couldn't take it any more.

A good post Caveman, I agree with 85% of what you've said.

Wolfpackpilot
"one of the lucky pilots"

Every job has its good points and bad points. The senior guys at JBlue got fast upgrades and the shares of stocks. The guys hired today have long upgrades and (as I understand) no stock shares.

Same for the guys at NJs. Upgrades were awarded to guys in newhire classes. Those days are long ago.

Todays reality, is JBlue, CAL, DAL, UAL etc., have 3,4 or maybe up to 6 bases, all for a whopping $40,000. NJs offers 100 bases to choose from ....NO COMUTTING. NJs offers $70,000 as a newhire. NJs offers FREE insurance.

Sure, we can apply to a major, and commute to one of 6 bases, have a crashpad,and pay for insurance, all while dreaming of that wide body captain seat. But if you dont have 30+ years to give, it aint gonna happen.

In the senior guys eyes, their job is the best. In the junior guys eyes, its a little different opinion.

I prefer to be one of the "notable exceptions".

And Im sorry, your logic is wrong. You take 100,000 pilots in the USA, that means 10,000 of them are idiots (10% of any group). Thats twice the size of our entire pilot workforce at NetJets. Get my point? Pilots are not all just pilots. They, like everyone else on this planet come with or with out baggage, flying skills, personal determination, education, attitudes.

NetJets may be a union group, but it still has enough individual mindset to recognize someone it DOESN'T want in our cockpits.

If you think I sound like someone who's arrogant and better than everyone else, you've obviously never spent anytime with a Navy fighter pilot! But I digress... I've earned my position and lot in life, it wasn't handed to me because I was cute and cuddly.

Hey Wolfpack, did you include yourself in that 10 percent you mention above. If you didn't you need to recalculate because your numbers are inaccurate.

30-35 interviewed per week.
451 to be hired in 2008
25%

Yes, it is that simple.

Good luck. It is a great job.:)

Latest resources

Back