Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely crazy. If you are an NJA employee posting this stuff here without going first to our union message board and airing out your problems, you are obviously too immature to fly ANY legs in the first place. That goes for the other FO's whining on here without at least going through more appropriate channels. I think our "talent acquisition" department has dropped the ball BIG TIME if you guys are actually employees. :bawling::smash:

WELL I HATE TO BURST YA'LLS BUBBLE BUT I DON'T THINK "PORTER" IS AN NJA PILOT. THE PERSON WHOM POSTED UNDER THIS INDIVIDUALS SCREEN NAME PROBABLY IS, BUT I DO BELEIVE MR. "PORTER" IS NOT.

Well buckeye, that makes sense!

Being the person went about the whole "scenario" a$$ backwards in blatant ignorance.

(Not knowing anything about the union system in place (Pilot Pro-Standards)

It is no surprise that they would hide as deep as they could and make ignorant statements.

The person comes across as being young, 5000 hours and knows everything.

What about the other poster with 2500 hours crying about being hired and hadn't heard anything?

Boy that sucks! What could be worse then that?

Well I guess that individual knows now, since we have stopped hiring and Options is Furloughing, Dayjets closed etc..etc..

(I wonder how much "Combat" time they have? Maybe they don't know everything?)

What a long dissatisfying, miserable life they have ahead of them! On top at 30!!!!!

Sure hope I don't have to fly with them.

Can't believe I even posted on this thread again.

It must be the "meds"?

Good luck to those deserving pilots falling on hard times this holiday. Keep the faith, this will pass.

Last edited:
Not all of us 30 year olds with 5000 hours think the same way Semore!!! :beer:

Maybe it means the pilots that have been around a while need to spend more time with the new guys and teach them. (A little code red would not hurt at times) Running from them only makes the problems and barriers worse. We should extend a hand to them.

Hahahaha!

Fischman,

Your a St. Louis boy like me! You better know better!

You Don't play "Blues" for 5000 hours and suddenly say, "there, I got it"!

Well Willy, sounds like they don't want anything from us but recognition.

We are old, what do we know?

Old school, over the hill, obsolete, not cool!

Somehow I knew us old guys would end up being at fault?

Funny, I've had pretty much the opposite experience at Flex. With the exception of IOE I have always had Captains swap legs whether live or empty. Now, on the first leg together you can almost count on the Captain taking it if it's live and giving it to me if it's empty, a few ask which one I want. Also, I almost always fly from the right seat, only a few Captains offer the left on the empties and I don't care so I don't ask if they don't offer. At NJA can FO's taxi from the right seat in aircraft without a tiller? If the left seat pilot has to taxi at all times or if the aircraft has a tiller I can see not wanting to fly from the right side, otherwise I don't see why it would matter. In fact I like the challenge of being proficient from both sides. To the OP, the first rule of CRM is if you have an issue with another crewmember find a neutral place (hotel bar) and casually bring up the issue. For example: I couldn't help but notice you fly all the pax legs, if you're not comfortable with me flying pax is there a reason, maybe something I can work on? As long as you don't get a BS answer (that's the way it's always been done) leave it a that. More than likely they'll say "I'm sorry, that's the way it was done when I started and no one's ever said anything so I never thought about it. How bout we swap from now on? That'll be 2 cents please, no checks!

I think our "talent acquisition" department has dropped the ball BIG TIME if you guys are actually employees. :bawling::smash:

You shouldn't post that stuff here without going first to your union message board and airing out your problems.

sorry, i'm bored on a sat. nite overnight.

In a previous life I went through this whole empty-legs-till-I-knew-you're-smooth crap. That's all it is: Crap. Inexperienced Captains who take themselves a little too seriously using passenger comfort as a reason for their ego trip adn lack of comfort with the airplane. I've been there/done that and I didn't even know that's what it was at the time. I wish I could go back and change it.

Let your FO's fly. They'll learn faster and your cockpit will be a fun place to work.

Or you can be a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back