Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the 800XP (honeywell). It seems to be that the ex airline or military guys swap legs and the all corporate or single pilot ops guys have the pax ego complex.

Agree. I love it when I ask the older guys why they fly every leg. There response is, "that is how it was done when I was a sic." My next question is how long were you a SIC? Answer, I had to wait six months to upgrade. I don't see how they found the ability to wait that long.:rolleyes:

Anyway it is what it is and all I can do is change things when I get to upgrade. Two years down, four more to go.

I also love the guys that state "NO right seat flying in my airplane." This should be interesting when NJA sop's will have the PICs and SICs flying from their respective seats regardless of it a ferry leg or pax leg.

I also love the guys that state "NO right seat flying in my airplane." This should be interesting when NJA sop's will have the PICs and SICs flying from their respective seats regardless of it a ferry leg or pax leg.

I asked one of our pics about that and what he would do and he said, "F--- Gorman and the company. I will do it the way I want to do it."

I have now started packing popcorn for that call to the ACP. :laugh:

Maybe I am missing something here. What is the big deal about which seat you fly in? I know the argument is trading legs, but I think some people are getting torques around because they don't get to fly left seat.

The only time the seat you physically fly from matters is when your ego needs a boost.

I always offer the left seat to those who want it, especially if they have sim recurrent coming up. I feel it is common courtesy.

Ususally, I play "rock, paper, scissors" for the first leg with my SIC and we trade off from there. (Assuming the SIC meets all the requirements per the FOM).

Hey just remember...you dont even have to ever fly a leg. So, if no right seat flying and I get my type rating in the left...then I just wont fly the plane...LOL. Trust me if the Capt does every leg he will beg you to fly a leg. But, of course this is in humor and I am kidding. I actually do not care what seat I fly in. I can do just as bad in either..:) I will say that it is a great experience to be able to taxi and do the left seat duties just so it breaks up our "ground duties" and I think makes us both better pilots (CA and FO) over all. I have flown 9 years at a 121 airline and they of course never switch seats. But, on the ground a few Capts forget how much work one does in the right seat. So, I happen to like and enjoy the switching, even if it happens only once in a while.

I will say that in the X I have never met a Capt yet that does not allow me to fly left seat on a ferry leg. Most do not even ask. They are a bunch of great guys (ok..98 out of 100) but, I try and have a blast on every tour. They always teach in CRM that the Capt sets the "tone" but, I would rather fly in stereo rather in mono...we both set the tone

lol I mean really.....what do you hope to gain by posting that butt hole full of bull $hit in here?

Captain: "I read on Flightinfo.com about the FO complaining, So i better let you fly and screw everything else....."

FO: "Break yourself fool, for the smoke dawg.....You better recognize...Biotch!"

Holy Sh*t! that is hilarious.....coffee shot out my nose.

I always offer the left seat to those who want it, especially if they have sim recurrent coming up. I feel it is common courtesy.

Ususally, I play "rock, paper, scissors" for the first leg with my SIC and we trade off from there. (Assuming the SIC meets all the requirements per the FOM).

Extrememly reasonable...

This whole thread is pathetic. I guess pilots will b!tch about anything!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back