Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets April Interviewees -- Hired calls or letters yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well at this point, I can safely say that the process has changed since many of you were hired. About mid April marks the change. As of yet the only official news coming out from the hiring department are the letters of rejection. For the rest of us who have asked an email stating an offer will be coming seems to be standard.
Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled to get on with NJA and think a career there will be better than what I could find at the majors. But the fact that two months have gone by and an official offer hasn't been extented, makes me wonder what is going on.
If hiring has slowed and they are placing us in pool that's fine. Just let us know.
If hiring has stopped, again just let us know.
What bothers me is the lack of information coming from the folks who have it. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's starting to get embarrassing when my wife keeps asking what's going on with our lives and I keep saying "I think...."

Even the guys that wrote me letters are scratching their heads on what's up.

Any insight from someone on the inside would be grately appreciated.

Jeger

I am guessing the hiring hasn't stopped because I can say for certain that the interviewing hasn't stopped. They may just be in a severe backlog on applicants and recent interviewees.

Well at this point, I can safely say that the process has changed since many of you were hired. About mid April marks the change. As of yet the only official news coming out from the hiring department are the letters of rejection. For the rest of us who have asked an email stating an offer will be coming seems to be standard.
Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled to get on with NJA and think a career there will be better than what I could find at the majors. But the fact that two months have gone by and an official offer hasn't been extented, makes me wonder what is going on.
If hiring has slowed and they are placing us in pool that's fine. Just let us know.
If hiring has stopped, again just let us know.
What bothers me is the lack of information coming from the folks who have it. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's starting to get embarrassing when my wife keeps asking what's going on with our lives and I keep saying "I think...."

Even the guys that wrote me letters are scratching their heads on what's up.

Any insight from someone on the inside would be grately appreciated.

Jeger

agreed. i played the guessing game with my family for 4 weeks until I was rejected.

I am guessing the hiring hasn't stopped because I can say for certain that the interviewing hasn't stopped. They may just be in a severe backlog on applicants and recent interviewees.

I don't doubt that the interviewing has continued. My question is what is the backlog for? Are they hiring more than they can train right now (I'm hoping that is the case)? Are they cutting back hiring as a result of the economy(I doubt it)?

And for those of us given the unofficial thumbs up, why hasn't anyone told us what to expect for an expected start date? I'm trying to be patient, but 2 full months without anything official is starting to bring me down.

Jeger

As I stated on another thread, 32 started indoc today. That's it for June. Don't know beyond that. Still, 32 times 12 is over 380 per year.

Whatever is going on with those interviewed since late April and not sent a letter is flat out wrong when compared to the expectations set by past practices. I truly feel sorry for you guys in this position. I guess you can take solice in the fact that you are still in the running. I wish they would at least offer formal feedback by creating a hiring pool. Perhaps there is a legal risk to doing that.

My biggest fear is that this is an early indicator of the impact of fuel prices on the business.

Good Luck.

That's nothing. When I interviewed at ABX over ten years ago, it took well over three months to receive a job offer. I always say, "No news is good news."

I interviewed in early May, got the unofficial "making you an offer" email but still no call. Then today I saw on aviatoninterviews.com two posts from folks who interviewed in late May and have start dates for July and August. I don't understand what's going on!

For those without a subscription, here"s the important parts:

Date of interview: May 29, 2008
Date interview was submitted: June 16, 2008
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
What is your age? 33
What aircraft were you assigned? Don't know yet
If you were hired what is your training date? August 01, 2008

Date of interview: May 22, 2008
Date interview was submitted: June 06, 2008
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
What is your age? 47
What aircraft were you assigned? unknown
If you were hired what is your training date? July 31, 2008

Just an observation, the above two examples have 2 months time between interview and class dates. I had my offer six days after the interview ( which included a delay for the XMAS break) and I had to give notice to my company the same day that I was offered the job to be able to give two weeks. It APPEARS that maybe the hiring is out pacing the training department at this time. 32 in INDOC!?! Holy crap. We had 10 back in January.

I feel for those waiting. However, this place is worth the wait!

Best of luck.

I'm not saying that they are lying, but July 31st is a Thursday, and August 1st, is a Friday. Seems like most classes start on a Monday.

Latest resources

Back