NetJets Application/Interview ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G550

We can know nothing of the validity of your argument without being offered figures. What do you make now? For how how many days off per/month? Hard days off or "promised"? Retirement? Match on 401K? Do you assume other duties than flying? Stability is this a true Fortune 100, or another dot-bom?

Publishers

We are aware of the demands of non-scheduled freight. I'm not sure if the FAA was asleep at the switch to alllow aircraft like those described fly in icing conditions and some without working radar in convective areas of weather. Sometimes, I feel that it is an irrational desire to not rock the boat that sees us in this millenium with worse standards than when most of those aircraft were new in the late 1970s.

I can scarcely believe it is still allowed in such a litigious society. How many planes have been lost and how many young hopefuls had their lives lost under the guise of "pilot error"?

I really wonder why anyone would engage you seriously on these boards. Your standards show enormous inconcistencies in your demonstration of a thirst for notoriety and the holy dollar.

G550,

Glad you made the choice you did. I had the exact same lifestyle as that which you described before coming here and took a big pay cut.

It's the best decision I've made in the last fourteen years of marriage!

Congratulations!

Coming to NutJets is the worst descision anyone could make.

This place is a sh!t whole and anyone will realize this simple fact as soon as they get here.

Do yourself a favor and dont make the same mistake the other 1800 and something have made.

If you dont believe me then find a fellow gold tie guy in an FBO and ask them.

85-90% of the pilots will tell you the same thing.

Go to a commuter, stay where you are or go work at home depot.

How do you know Home Depot would even hire you? With an attitude like that I wouldn't even feed you, let alone pay you to work for me.

Don't like it- leave!

Leave the job for those who like it here and look forward to an even brighter future.

Tell me- another great freight mistake or one of the golden children from our many broken down 121 major airlines?

Seeing both sides.....

I must say, Fracster, that you sound rather bitter and burned-out. That is understandable; you NJ pilots are working way too hard for much too little. All those 14 hr days are taking their toll on everybody.

Whispering to Hawkered...maybe he was lured here by those false promises..a lot of the new guys were, you know....and he's probably still working off his 2 yr training contract and CAN'T LEAVE!

Fracster, I do understand the situation looks pretty grim right now. And I can't say for sure that my husband would have still taken the job had they not painted such a rosy picture. BUT, he does like the JOB--just not the pay. It has a lot of potential to be a good place to work, and a lot of people are working hard to try to make that happen.

Appealing to both, explaining to others: NJA is at a cross-roads right now. It could go either way. Fracster, it will get much better under SU. Hawkered, if the company won't pay fair wages I think a lot of pilots WILL leave, my husband included, and that will be sad...:( It is very tough on the bottom payscale and even the Captains aren't paid right. I know waiting is hard after those 3 wasted years, but if we can all hang on til Xmas we'll be getting a nice present--SU. We are hopeful, that after a winter of hard work, they will bring us a fresh start (new contract) in the Spring.

Note: My advice to those looking at NJA remains the same. Take a very close look, ask lots of questions and base your decision on things as they ARE not as you hope they will be, (whispering...so you don't wind up like Fracster). Should you still choose NJ, please be prepared to help do your part for a good contract so that ALL pilots can be happy working there. NJW

Netjets has a good 401K. They match up to half of 15%. Not a bad deal at all.

Dental and Medical are reasonable plans too.

Time off particular during Vacation periods rocks. If you are on the 7 and 7 schedule you will get 21 days off for a 7 day vacation period. Not too shabby.

Even better yet >> You get to work with Netjetwife's Hubby!!!

Latest resources

Back