• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Application/Interview ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starman- Admittedly more of a management type than union, I am willing to try to understand. That said and having kissed the handsome prince years ago, I am no longer a toad.

Yo FAc Friend....If your really gonna bring into comparison........""Most professionals (lawyers, drs., etc) do work more than the standard 40 hour weeks but are not paid OT. Salesmen travel 5 days a week and are not paid OT.""

I don't think that you have a clue what your talking about. Most Doc's, and Lawyers own boats that the average Fractional Pilot could not even put gas in. So I'd like to understand you thoughts on teh comparison between Doc's Lawyers and the bottom paid pilots.

netjetwife said:
Union advantages--I'd rate job security high on the list.

I've tried to stay out of this, but when I see such naive thinking, I just gotta get involved.

Unions have done a wonderful job of providing security for pilots. IAM's Charlie Bryant killed Eastern, they've turned a good $200,000 dollar a year job at US Air into a $100,000 a year job - not to mention cutting the pension from nearly $100,000 to $28,000 if your lucky enough to not have to pay money back. But not to worry - US Air will go Chapter 7 in February. They managed list integration just peachy with the American/TWA merger - Oh! I forgot, they didn't and most of the TWA guys are gone. They really stood up for Northwest and UAL pilots when they needed them. If UAL still had a pension the pilots would just have to manage all that money when they retired and who wants to do that?

IBT has done such a bang-up job for you guys that you're trying to decertify them and you should - they've managed to help you to keep getting paid at Citation II pay rates long after the II's went away. Great. That's really dues money well spent. An added benefit is the way the unions try to rule by intimidation. It looks like WWF Slapdown on this board anytime one of you NJA guys doesn't spout the party line.

Muddy

Muddauber said:
I've tried to stay out of this, but when I see such naive thinking, I just gotta get involved.

Oh! I forgot, they didn't and most of the TWA guys are gone.

Most of the TWA guys are on the left seat of regional jets keeping their seniority pay. Which is about 16year CA pay.

Ah, but you speak as a wise man!

Well put. Job security from a union; what a freakin' joke. NJA should go on strike, send the owners looking elsewhere for their transportation needs, and run NJ broke. See what kind of job security you get when there is NO company, or the company suffers enough to have to furlough people. My major airline buddies are intimately aware of the results.

I hope the NJA folks can work something reasonable out, because nobody's going to come out smelling like roses if things continue as they have. I also wish, these bitter NJA guys would quit hijacking perfectly innocent posts! Start a new thread for your bitching for goodness' sake! Peace.

Muddauber said:

Unions have done a wonderful job of providing security for pilots. IAM's Charlie Bryant killed Eastern, they've turned a good $200,000 dollar a year job at US Air into a $100,000 a year job - not to mention cutting the pension from nearly $100,000 to $28,000 if your lucky enough to not have to pay money back. But not to worry - US Air will go Chapter 7 in February. They managed list integration just peachy with the American/TWA merger - Oh! I forgot, they didn't and most of the TWA guys are gone. They really stood up for Northwest and UAL pilots when they needed them. If UAL still had a pension the pilots would just have to manage all that money when they retired and who wants to do that?

IBT has done such a bang-up job for you guys that you're trying to decertify them and you should - they've managed to help you to keep getting paid at Citation II pay rates long after the II's went away. Great. That's really dues money well spent. An added benefit is the way the unions try to rule by intimidation. It looks like WWF Slapdown on this board anytime one of you NJA guys doesn't spout the party line.

Muddy

MED said:
Muddauber said:

Oh! I forgot, they didn't and most of the TWA guys are gone.

Most of the TWA guys are on the left seat of regional jets keeping their seniority pay. Which is about 16year CA pay.

Hey AA717, there's a guy over here on the fractional board saying that you really weren't furloughed from TWA after 17 years and that you're really flying a regional jet, not a corporate G550.

Muddauber said:
Muddy
Mud man... its management that has kept the pay low and they scared the negotiators into believing they can't afford to pay more. Still these fools say there is No Money. But the 82% ers who voted no don't buy it.

If there is no money it certainly isn't because they have been paying pilots.

Last edited:
hey Zman When your done sucking uncle sams thumb, and join us in the real (civillian)world, ............

I also wish, these bitter NJA guys would quit hijacking perfectly innocent posts! Start a new thread for your bitching for goodness' sake! Peace.

I bet you will understand why NJ pilots are bitching.

dime line said:
Hey Muddauber....What Union do you belong to again........

Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association which is a non profit employees association - how about you?

And like many here, I don't look to SWAPA to do jack sierra for me, it's just a condition of employment.

Muddy

Latest resources

Back