Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJFlyer

Wastin' time...
I emailed a resume, and was quickly sent an application. I'm guessing that's a good sign?

I filled it out and sent it in - are people getting calls for interviews, and if so, how long between sending in the app and interviewing (generally speaking)?

I'm pretty psyched about the idea of possibly getting out of the regionals and into the fractional or corporate world.

Apps go out very quickly, they will do the background checks and then bring you in or schedule the interview. Please search this forum for posts concerning ,pay, schedule and upgrade times. NJA is in a tough place, they need pilots to fill the need created by 91k, but they don't have a new contract with the pilot group. My one warning is, do not take the interview team at face value..verify their promises.

Good luck

x

That's very good advice, x402

I don't believe they're telling potential new hires to expect "Kick-Ass" pay and an "Industry-Leading" contract, any longer. That doesn't mean it isn't obtainable. Only that, if it is achieved, it won't be due to those that were guilty of making empty promises in the past. If you do wind up there, RJFlyer, you'll be joining others, already fighting for a good/fair contract for all. Best wishes! :)

Just one of many....not speaking for all...but reflecting the stated goals of the majority...those 82% that defeated the last/unfair TA.
Netjetwife

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS, PAY THEM AS SUCH
A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

Last edited:
Is the ATP a hard and fast requirement. I have over 3000 hours as a career regional F/O. Thanks for any info!

it's a hard and fast.

for a timeline a buddy of mine got called for an interview a week after he sent the app in.

they called him for an interview and he got it in a week.
went to school 9 days later

Like Diesel said

That's what my husband just told me, as well.

NJw
Who promised kick ass pay and industry leading contract? If those words were spoken by NJA personnel maybe you have a lawsuit. A verbal contract? Was it managment? Have you pursued getting retribution, breach of verbal contract?

FAcFriend, what timing your post has! I just stopped by to grab a copy of one of my posts/predictions--about the company losing good pilots because they didn't honor those promises--to share in an email w/a departing NJ pilot that I've been "talking" to today. His story ...oh here...I'll just let HIM tell it....:)

"You and everyone else have my persmission to use my departure any way you can for the cause. I just could not wait any longer. I have become so bitter at NetJets for what they have done to my family. I left a good job to come to work here based on promises made in the interview. It has cost me dearly at a time I should be saving money for retirement. "

The sad thing is 'Friend, this is a story that I've heard over and over now, starting w/my husband. It's just lately that people have started to compare notes. I hear the same thing said---told in the interview--but not the specific details. I suppose the people affected have been to busy either fighting for our cause, or looking elsewhere (or both at the same time), to bother fighting a legal battle. I can tell you though, that it was one of the reasons that the pilot force took such an interest in the plight of the FOs, and used the bypass rules to help get bypass pay for 117 FOs. A show of unity never seen there before. Other pilots aided the effort because they also felt that the FOs had been misled.

As I said, what ironic timing to "bump into" you 'Friend. I was just thinking that YOU were one of those that I made my prediction to about pilots leaving because of broken promises. If there are still any around this board that believe the families DON'T have a voice in the fight and AREN'T paying the price, just scroll back up to the quote from the departing pilot, EB.

Oh yeah, one other interesting bit of news to share w/you. As you are the one who likes to discuss computer programers---remember me mentioning my nephew in that business who has had a struggle? My sister just told me that he finally got offered a raise and full time work at his job. She pointed out that he'd still be underpaid for his skill/experience level but would be making MORE than my husband. I'm pleased for my nephew, but I can tell you that no one in the family thinks a pilot should be paid less than a computer guy. NJW

Azul said:
Is the ATP a hard and fast requirement. I have over 3000 hours as a career regional F/O. Thanks for any info!
I was in the same boat, so I went to All ATPs and got my ATP on my own.

Congrats to your nephew. I am delighted to hear he did well. I also have thought of you often and I never did reply to your last post. I crafted a few replies but never posted.

but now I am still interested in your plight. I have only known one other union discussion on the inside (wireless industry.) I am a writer by trade and have thought there is a story in this- I just havent found it yet.

Back to our discussion- so your husband was made promises by corporate people in the interview process about the future? Yes.
Correct?

BTW- Bill Gates is a computer guy :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back