• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Application/Interview ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You cant be that naieve to think that your Union (no matter how you spin the word, that is what it is) is not helping your live at Southwest. I currently fly for a fractional that changes the rules on a daily biases, and I cant do anything about it.

..........I don't look to SWAPA to do jack sierra for me..........
again, like it or not there helping behind the scenes

and non-profit, for profit, whatever profit, they all do the same thing.

you can bet that mud has a different tone about swapa when they violated his rest or he has a grievance. then hes saying i don't expect swapa to do jack. oh wait all those work rules that the senior guys at swa worked hard for but mud wants no part of it. yeah right. he likes the rules just fine.

oh and by the way dr's and lawyers make a ton of ot on the side. for lawyers its called billable hours.

i fly a king air on the side for a doctor. its his extra time with the practice that makes it possible to do weekend trips and own a couple of homes.

its funny how this forum has turned into non flying pilots bitching about the job than the ones that do it day in and day out.

Muddy, my "naive" comment on job security wasn't intended to apply to any other situation other my husband's. If you will notice, it was said directly to 'Friend in relation to another wife's perspective, sighting 2 advantages--health care and job security.

Zman, I do hope you were joking when you said-- "I also wish, these bitter NJA guys would quit hijacking perfectly innocent posts! Start a new thread for your bitching for goodness' sake!" Quote. Consider that the first word in the title of the thread is "NetJets". I take exception to the highjacking assertion, but fully concur with the bitterness claim....:( They have a lot to be bitter about.

'Friend, to answer your questions: Work rules that govern flying are much more complicated than those for the average job. Pilots need an advocate when questions arise. There are many other employees at NetJets outside of management--sales, customer service, scheduling, etc. I, personally, find it hard to believe that the company would have much respect for the failed MEC that they were able to steamroll. The new leadership is a different story as they are already finding out.

That's why NJI don't even have a union I guess? Because they just happen to be the only employee group in the world that gets along?

Hey Netjet Wife, it is time for you to go away. You're not an elected official. You don't work here. Your rantings and dissemination of "information" probably just added fuel to the fire in a recent conflict at work. Now there's a guy without a job.

You have taken away a tremendous amount from this discussion with your attempts to dominate. Perhaps Theresa Heinz Kerry and you could start a Senate bid!

Hawkered........That's why NJI don't even have a union I guess? Because they just happen to be the only employee group in the world that gets along?

No they just have to many people like you!

Hawkered, no I'm not an elected official. Are any of us? No I don't work HERE, at Flightinfo. I wasn't aware that any of us posting HERE were actually employees. If perchance, you meant NJ, we all know that my husband is a pilot there and that I post on this board to discuss the issues that are directly affecting my life.

I share a volunteer position w/my husband; the new leadership has welcomed the involvement of spouses. Looking thru my collection of email and PMs, shows lots of support from pilots and people inside of NJ and outside of the group. Yes, I know that guy (we have exchanged emails for months) and the situation is deplorable! Should he, and/or any of the other pilots that I admire greatly, ask me to stop posting here, I would comply. Such has not been the case--sorry. This new attack is as saddening as it is baffling; I thought we had made progress.

Dimeline,

Perhaps you mean "too" many people like me. If by that definition you also mean: people that show up to work, don't complain, upgrade at the first possible chance, engage the customer in polite conversation, but still know when to hold their own counsel...then yes, I am like one of the "evil" ones you speak of!

Your description, Hawkered, could fit most pilots at NJA. Union building and a discussion of the issues are a separate matter from how one performs on the job.

In noting the proper use of to and too, let's not leave out don't and doesn't--hmm? Just a gentle reminder, but it should be--NJI DOESN'T even have a union.

Now back to a civil discussion of the issues...:)

Here's the issue again, because I am still curious to get as much information as possible.

RJFlyer said:
I emailed a resume, and was quickly sent an application. I'm guessing that's a good sign?

I filled it out and sent it in - are people getting calls for interviews, and if so, how long between sending in the app and interviewing (generally speaking)?

I'm pretty psyched about the idea of possibly getting out of the regionals and into the fractional or corporate world.
Also, if I were to get an interview, does anyone have any tips/pointers/gouge?

Thanks again for any input to these questions.

Latest resources

Back