NetJets Application/Interview ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line said:
hey Zman When your done sucking uncle sams thumb, and join us in the real (civillian)world, ............

I also wish, these bitter NJA guys would quit hijacking perfectly innocent posts! Start a new thread for your bitching for goodness' sake! Peace.

I bet you will understand why NJ pilots are bitching.
I joined you in the civilian world almost two years ago. At NJI, to be precise; I love it. Believe it or not, many on the "I" side actually understand and sympathize with the "A" side's gripes, me included. I'm not anti-union because of unions' sake, but because we see all the wonderful things they've accomplished for the "A" side. Now I know some of the A folks will claim that we enjoy many of the work amenities we do because of the A side's hard work in bargaining such deals (hotels, workout rooms, crew lounges, etc.), but who really cares about such "benefits?" They haven't put a dent in what folks on the A side really want, have they? Do you really care about free internet access in Seacaucus? Do you now say "Wow, what an awesome place to work! I can surf the web at the ES for free!" Or do you want a fatter paycheck?

Anyway, the zealots on BOTH sides of the union issue really carry too much animosity with them. Seems like anytime "Netjets" appears on any thread here, it inevitably turns into a gripe session. Crap, does anyone even remember what the original topic of this post was?!

I'd ask several pointed questions about the expected timeframe for upgrading to Captain. My husband was told 3-6 months; this January makes 2 years, with no upgrade in sight. Take a hard look before you leap!

netjetwife said:
I'd ask several pointed questions about the expected timeframe for upgrading to Captain. My husband was told 3-6 months; this January makes 2 years, with no upgrade in sight. Take a hard look before you leap!

sounds like someone didn't do their research.

if u want info from somebody that actually works here pm me.

Research, per request

Actually, it is worse than I thought...:( Here are the facts, RJFlyer--courtesy of my husband, who I am quoting below.

Currently there are over 700 FOs at NetJets.

Assumption: 10 Captain Upgrades per month. This is a very generous
assumption. We have not even been close to that in the nearly 2 years that I have been here.

Assumption: No Captains bid a Captain position in another aircraft.
Only FOs bid and receive Captain awards. This has not even been close to
reality since I have been here. Very few CA bids have gone to FOs.

700 pilots divided by 10 pilots per month upgraded equals 70 months (6
years) to upgrade from today.

Opinion: The only way rapid upgrades to Captain will happen is through
an extraordinary occurrence such as explosive NetJet sales and growth not
tied to a merger or buyout, or by an organized bypass pay effort similar to
the one that just occurred, or by a large loss of pilots from the pilot group due to
retirement or career/company changes.

Recommendation: If wanting to work at NetJets, expect greater than 5
year upgrade to Captain as the minimum. Reality is that it will probably
take 7-10 years. Look at the corresponding compensation. If upgrades occur
sooner it will be the exception, and not the rule. Don't count on bypass pay
for a pay raise.

Netjetwife here again...I'm standing by my earlier post to look before you leap. After doing my research, I'd only add, take a VERY VERY hard look before you leap. By way of additional information, the company offered the following FO payscale in the defeated (by 82%) TA: Year 1=$33,500 yr5=$38,540 The payscale stopped at yr 5 with no COLA provided.

There are 700 fo's at net jets but how many are paid as Fo's?
The vast majority are paid as captains and the majority were paid as captains before the current by pass coup.

No Cola was offered but there was a yearly increase offered that was not tied to the cost of living.

What an eyebrow-raising post!

'Friend, how does that apply to potential new-hires like RJFlyer? The FACTS that I gave him are the ones that would apply to HIS situation. In the interest of providing as much info as possible, let's look at the FO pay for those on the (proposed but defeated by 82%) Reserve Schedule. Keep in mind that only the top 10% in seniority would be eligible; but for those interested in a look at FO wages in the outyears, here they are: Year 1=$39K Then we see your yearly increases up to Year 5=$44,040. So to recap--FO wages begin at $33,500 and increase yearly up to the 5 yr Limit of $38,540 for those on the 7&7. The top 10% MAX OUT at $44,040. There is NO payscale for FOs beyond year 5 and NO COLA. The ONLY yearly increases were from years 1-5. Additionally, those interviewing at NJA should bear in mind that the current pay is actually worse than the TA figures. Contract negotiations are slated to begin in Feb. I have no idea what FO wages will be in the next TA. NJW

netjetwife said:
...but for those interested in a look at FO wages in the outyears...

NJW

That's military procurement speak. Are you former military are did hubby practice his presentations at home when he had that non-flying billet?

Cordially,

GV

Is that where I got that? LOL Actually, he wrote his Master's thesis on pilot retention in the AF and I helped him with proofreading and editing. Likewise, with those briefings on the same subject. I guess it rubbed off on me...:) NJW

Netjet Wife,

Unfortunately, I don't agree with you again about your new theories on upgrade time. Yes it's true, I upgraded as soon as I got here and put the entire company on captain's pay. No, the union didn't offer support. They said I would get fired!

Well, back to here and now.

We have aircraft turning into very expensive lawn ornaments right now. Campaigns like yours are now discouraging new-hires from choosing our company and we have no extra crews for either the Citation X or Ultra.

Slowly this will get even worse with Part 91K and the retirements within our own ranks from ex-airline pilots.

In the middle of this, Marquis has sold more cards than ever and now the new sales of the G-200, Excel and Hawker 800XP have started to get going as well. With President Bush, "in the house", we can see the depreciation schedule for new aircraft purchases continuing.

NJI sold a GV to a Euro customer and now has GIVs in Europe doing back-up.

What I'm trying to say to you is...relax! The good times are about to return. This is a fickle industry. As someone who has been flying for over twenty years, I've seen it all before. Within a year they'll be looking for experienced street captains again.

No disrespect to you, but I don't take kindly to a self-appointed spokesperson trying to hijack MY company and MY source of livelihood!!

If you and Ace don't like it, kindly leave!!

Latest resources

Back