• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Announces Aircraft Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is great news for Netjets pilots - including some of those furloughed pilots not far from recall...

this is very good news for the "still employed" netjets pilots.... I don't know about recalls or growth or anything like that. We're disposing of aircraft at a very rapid rate

we're upgrading the fleet, but a bit of shrinkage still going on. nevertheless, excellent news

Well, I'd of bet the farm we'd pick up the 500/600 EMB's so word to the wise...

don't take no stock or horse advise from the Hog!

Well, I'd of bet the farm we'd pick up the 500/600 EMB's so word to the wise...

don't take no stock or horse advise from the Hog!

That EMB 500 looks like a nice bird with the interesting FBW/sidesticks. But isn't it roughly the same size/performance as a CL300? How does the addition of the EMB 500 improve efficiency and reduce fleet complexity?

That EMB 500 looks like a nice bird with the interesting FBW/sidesticks. But isn't it roughly the same size/performance as a CL300? How does the addition of the EMB 500 improve efficiency and reduce fleet complexity?

A couple of years ago (announcement of the Phenoms) the honchos at recurrent stated that that deal would "fundamentally change the way we do business", so I took that to heart and assumed that Embraer had their nose under the tent.

It was also a common type from what I understand so I thought that made sense as far a efficiency and fleet were concerned.

I wasn't invested one way or the other but I'm happy with the choices especially if they actually show up. I think the natives will be happy.

this is very good news for the "still employed" netjets pilots.... I don't know about recalls or growth or anything like that. We're disposing of aircraft at a very rapid rate

we're upgrading the fleet, but a bit of shrinkage still going on. nevertheless, excellent news

Business is business... That much is a given. At this point, what appears to be a big win for Netjets is coming at a terrible price for crews at one of our mutual competitors.

Try to keep that in mind for future posts...

Remember... Karma's a b1tch...

But what will the "fractional" business look like in a few years? It seems to be changing to more of a 135/managed model (i.e., like XOJet and Citation Air). I guess niche players like Avantair (growing fast) and Alpha Flying will be there due to their lower acquisition costs, can we say the same about the fractional Challenger/Gulfstream/Legacy operators? In Europe, operators like VistaJet (worldwide charter operator using Globals and CL605s) appear to be at least maintaining their operations - if not growing in other parts of the world. Will Netjets have to change its model to more of an XOJet model with fewer financial commitments from customers (i.e., must buy a 1/4 or 1/16th share to participate)? Morph to more of a Marquis Card model in the future?

Wonder if these planes will wind up at EJM? That seems to be the division they are promoting the most..

Well, one thing is for certain: if Obama wins another 4 years, and the economy continues to tank with no plans for a turnaround (with higher taxes for your key customers - the top 1%), the fractional business could sputter a lot faster than anyone expects.

I don't think it matters. After the Bilderberg meeting, they probably know who is going to be in the White House come January.

Business is business... That much is a given. At this point, what appears to be a big win for Netjets is coming at a terrible price for crews at one of our mutual competitors.

So my company finally gives me something to feel good about and you want me apologize because it affects a competitor?

Next time something positive takes place at Avantair and YOU come on here and post, I'm going to give you s**t because that'd hurt the competition.

and not that I care , but what the hell did I say that offended you anyway?

Last edited:

As if NJA doesn't already have 495 pilots on furlough? Myself included. You don't have to be a jerk.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters. After the Bilderberg meeting, they probably know who is going to be in the White House come January.

I would bet they have a pretty strong gut feeling as to who will be in the White House or I doubt this large of an order would have been placed and I doubt it's Mr. Anti-Corporate Aviation.

Latest resources

Back