Netjets Announces Aircraft Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gutsy move, Maverick.

Add the Globals and the Phenom 300s and you have a big fleet of new airplanes over the next 5-10 years... I guess many of them could be spread out throughout the globe (Netjets US, Europe and maybe China). Surprised that Netjets did not order the new "Longitude" - looks like a Citation X replacement. Or maybe they will order the newer version of the X...

Adios to the Beechjunks and the G2Ugly...

I'm pretty sure Netjets had a large number of deliveries up until 2008 or so... I'd expect them to stay in the fleet until they were atleast 10 yrs. old...maybe

I think the Sovereign, X, G200 and maybe some Falcons were delivered up until the downturn? (there are also some old as dirt X's and Falcons also)

Flex is done.
Either you will be half the size or sold.
Lots of good people got screwed again by FR.
I hope it all works out for all of you.

This is great news for Netjets pilots - including some of those furloughed pilots not far from recall...

One question - is this part of a fleet simplification strategy? I guess Netjets will evidently operate the following (if existing fleets are replaced): Phenom 300, Citation Latitude, Challenger 300, Challenger 605 and Global Express (two versions of the Global). I suppose the new Citation TEN could also be added. Five-six types would be more efficient than operating the 8-9 types currently operated...

But what will the "fractional" business look like in a few years? It seems to be changing to more of a 135/managed model (i.e., like XOJet and Citation Air). I guess niche players like Avantair (growing fast) and Alpha Flying will be there due to their lower acquisition costs, can we say the same about the fractional Challenger/Gulfstream/Legacy operators? In Europe, operators like VistaJet (worldwide charter operator using Globals and CL605s) appear to be at least maintaining their operations - if not growing in other parts of the world. Will Netjets have to change its model to more of an XOJet model with fewer financial commitments from customers (i.e., must buy a 1/4 or 1/16th share to participate)? Morph to more of a Marquis Card model in the future?

Well, one thing is for certain: if Obama wins another 4 years, and the economy continues to tank with no plans for a turnaround (with higher taxes for your key customers - the top 1%), the fractional business could sputter a lot faster than anyone expects.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back