• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Announces Aircraft Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Signing contracts for the purchase of new aircraft is great. However, signing contracts for the sale of those aircraft to owners is what is needed. Having the newest, greatest, most efficient fleet in the business means nothing if very few will fly it. The fact is to keep some owners, NJ is lengthening the age of its existing fleet as very few owners are willing to pony up new $$$ to buy a new share. For example, many Excels which were to be retired out of the fleet at 10 years have been extended to 15 years to keep the owners around for another 5 years instead of leaving the program.

So my company finally gives me something to feel good about and you want me apologize because it affects a competitor?

Next time something positive takes place at Avantair and YOU come on here and post, I'm going to give you s**t because that'd hurt the competition.

and not that I care , but what the hell did I say that offended you anyway?

You didn't say anything to offended me. Sorry if it came off that way. After re-reading my post, I can see how my words could be taken out of context.

I wasn't knocking the individual pilots in your group. But, with that whopper of an order, the entire Fractional dynamic as a whole will never be the same. Thank goodness our Piaggio fills a niche that won't be affected by the aircraft types in the press release.

As if NJA doesn't already have 495 pilots on furlough? Myself included. You don't have to be a jerk.

No disrespect was intended. I apologize if you were. Again, not my intent.

edit to add: My wishes all along have been for the Frac industry to have NO pilots on the street. Maybe this purchase might accellerate the return of some of the 495, but it's going to be at the cost of crews elsewhere. No net gain...

Last edited:
No disrespect was intended. I apologize if you were. Again, not my intent.

edit to add: My wishes all along have been for the Frac industry to have NO pilots on the street. Maybe this purchase might accellerate the return of some of the 495, but it's going to be at the cost of crews elsewhere. No net gain...

The existence of your company is responsible for a number of furloughs across the industry, in case you are dense. It is just business, however.

The existence of your company is responsible for a number of furloughs across the industry, in case you are dense. It is just business, however.

True. The difference is that we prospered through a superior product, combined with an efficient, publically traded, transparent business model. We didn't bully our way to domination thanks to the bottomless pockets of a financial backer.

As you reiterated, it IS just business. And, just as I did when CitationAir fell upon hard times, I'm going to offer a helping hand to anyone looking to avoid unemployment due to this fiasco. We're still hiring, albeit into a pool. PM me a resume and I'll help as much as I can.

Thanks-

Exactly my thoughts.
LOL. Then you picked the wrong pony.

Netjets dominated. They won.

Even with the union.

All their competitors have been marginalized.

X-O, Avantair. They are always going to be small. Its their model.

Deal with it, and move on.

If, not. Explain how I am wrong.

LOL. Then you picked the wrong pony.

Netjets dominated. They won.

Even with the union.

All their competitors have been marginalized.

X-O, Avantair. They are always going to be small. Its their model.

Deal with it, and move on.

If, not. Explain how I am wrong.

The phrase "out of left field" comes to mind... As in "what the heck are you talking about"? I'm fairly certain RP has worked at NJA

Latest resources

Back