Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few quick notes to clarify things:

1. I do not consider EJM as "brabded charter;

2. Not all "branded" charter will eb the same.

3. I was one of the bioggest "kool aid" drinkers int he past -- look at old posts -- but the NJA of 2012 is a far cry form the NJA of 2007. Except from pilots, overall owner satisfaction is down, recovery time is horrbile, and NJA will seriously delay flights if needed. The "bean counters" have deciddd it is cheaper to give owners an hour or 2 redit for a delay than get a larger or further away recovery jet in place (Old NJA would never have allowed this).

4. NJA is not the only "safe private availation alternative", and in fact I believe that most NJA pilots knowing violate a portion of the Part 135 regs on a daily basis for their own comfort.

4. NJA is not the only "safe private availation alternative", and in fact I believe that most NJA pilots knowing violate a portion of the Part 135 regs on a daily basis for their own comfort.[/QUOTE]

If your referring to the O2 requirement I'll have to disagree. NJ pilots wear them more than any company I have worked for. In fact the other companies I worked for it was widely accepted as the "most abused reg in the industry". I'm still waiting for one level of safety when it comes to this issue. Why is it safe for part 121 and 91k yet 135 it suddenly becomes unsafe? BS! It will never happen so we will continue to sacrifice our comfort for all of the card holders.

I guess the problem I have with your assessment was your use of the words "most pilot". I'm seeing the opposite on the road.

Last edited:
4. NJA is not the only "safe private availation alternative", and in fact I believe that most NJA pilots knowing violate a portion of the Part 135 regs on a daily basis for their own comfort.

call the company and give them the crew's names'. that will fix it.

If your referring to the O2 requirement I'll have to disagree. NJ pilots wear them more than any company I have worked for. In fact the other companies I worked for it was widely accepted as the "most abused reg in the industry". I'm still waiting for one level of safety when it comes to this issue. Why is it safe for part 121 and 91k yet 135 it suddenly becomes unsafe? BS! It will never happen so we will continue to sacrifice our comfort for all of the card holders.

I guess the problem I have with your assessment was your use of the words "most pilot". I'm seeing the opposite on the road.[/QUOTE]

I believe because a B767 takes a little longer to depressurize than a LR31.

I guess an aircraft flying a 91/91k flight takes longer to depressurize than the same aircraft flying a 135 flight?

With all of the talk about NJA being "by far the safest", I just thought I would raise the point. I am not stating an opinion as to whther the rule makes sense - especially when compared to other rules. But when many posters say NJA is the sfaest and they follow all the rules and others don't, I beg to differ. I also agree that it is not a widely followed rule.

Based soley on my experiences, which include about 16 years of flying hundred of flights with Netjets, I never once heard or saw the O2 mask on a NetJets pilots until recently. I happened to start noticing them frequently on the flights of competitors and asked why -- I thought they were only needed about FL410, and I was informed that for Pt 135 they are required on and in use (not just dangling) above FL350.

I repeat - I am not saying the rule makes sense, I am not saying the mask is comfortable -- all I am saying is that NJA pilots, and others, subjectively decide not to follow all regs. But it seems to be some of the NJA pilots who bash the others for not being perfect reg followers. And no I do not tattle on you --I do understand they are real uncomfortable.

BTW -- recent had a flight coming up form the Caribbean ona Citation X -- 3+ hours st FL430 and not a mask on a body -- just hanging up in the cockpit. Part 135 flight.

Yes -- I do travel over 55 mph on rodes -- quite often. It is my subjective decision. But -- I do not go around saying I am so superior than others in following the traffic laws.

Last edited:
With all of the talk about NJA being "by far the safest", I just thought I would raise the point. I am not stating an opinion as to whther the rule makes sense - especially when compared to other rules. But when many posters say NJA is the sfaest and they follow all the rules and others don't, I beg to differ. I also agree that it is not a widely followed rule.

Based soley on my experiences, which include about 16 years of flying hundred of flights with Netjets, I never once heard or saw the O2 mask on a NetJets pilots until recently. I happened to start noticing them frequently on the flights of competitors and asked why -- I thought they were only needed about FL410, and I was informed that for Pt 135 they are required on and in use (not just dangling) above FL350.

I repeat - I am not saying the rule makes sense, I am not saying the mask is comfortable -- all I am saying is that NJA pilots, and others, subjectively decide not to follow all regs. But it seems to be some of the NJA pilots who bash the others for not being perfect reg followers. And no I do not tattle on you --I do understand they are real uncomfortable.

BTW -- recent had a flight coming up form the Caribbean ona Citation X -- 3+ hours st FL430 and not a mask on a body -- just hanging up in the cockpit. Part 135 flight.

Yes -- I do travel over 55 mph on rodes -- quite often. It is my subjective decision. But -- I do not go around saying I am so superior than others in following the traffic laws.

In my two years of working at NJA I never had a flight where one us didn't have the mask on above FL350 on a 135. In my many years of charter I never saw the mask donned. Ever.

Apparently your mileage varies.

Latest resources

Back