NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah,

Umm...NetJetOwner, you will find many companies out there able to "fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets."

Whatever that means...

In fact, many companies have pilots who can write coherent thoughts as well as fly you safely while delivering top notch service.

Just sayin...

I was referring to just about any charter operator I run into at FBOs... the wrinkled shirt, Dock Maartin wearing, "I don't make enough money", "the company makes me take chances", "the guy I'm flying with is an alcoholic but the company just got him a $30K type rating" issues.

This week, I heard all of these awesome issues from a charter pilot flying a lear while staying a few hours in HYA.

I don't think that this pilot could call his boss and say "cancel the flight"... for maintenance, for performance for fatigue. I just don't.

This is what I meant by, "fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets."

The hardest part of my day is making sure I've done everything to satisfy the Owner customer service wise... safety is never the issue.

I know the important issues are taken care of here at NetJets. If they were not, I wouldn't work here.

For the amount of money NJA charges, I think asking for a years worth of patience is a bit much. A month maybe, but a whole year?

The 2 minutes on hold is one thing, but for nobody to get back to him after a complaint is inexcusable.

I loved NetJets and thought it delivered a superior product, but you're chugging a lot of kool-aid if you think owners aren't looking elsewhere. And more and more will if Bridgeway doesn't get its act together soon.

You've never solved a Rubic's Cube, have you?

Excellent points. NJA has done nothing to "adapt and improve" recently. The kool-aid drinkers will argue that they are adding "Wi-Fi" to the aircraft. Big deal. This was announced by all the other competitors prior to NJA making the announcement. NJA seems to be following and not leading anymore. Seems to be a slippery slope that the company is heading down especially when combined with an aging fleet with no aircraft on order.

Patience Grasshopper. Patience.

Some measure success in aircraft orders... those managers no longer work here.

Yeah,

Umm...NetJetOwner, you will find many companies out there able to "fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets."

Whatever that means...

In fact, many companies have pilots who can write coherent thoughts as well as fly you safely while delivering top notch service.

Just sayin...

What that means, Glass, is that management has enpowered the pilots more than any other company I have seen or heard of to make the go/no go decisions regardless of what Ultra Nav says or what the wx looks like or what mx says, etc. I don't believe his statement was meant to belittle other pilots, so calm down.

RP170, deliveries resume sometime next year. At least 80 firm orders remain intact, and we are in direct discussion with OEMs for a replacement for our entry level aircraft. At this point, replacement of older airframes will be the priority. Until growth resumes, no one will be increasing fleet size in any significant way. That won't happen till all the political uncertainty goes away.

I was referring to just about any charter operator I run into at FBOs... the wrinkled shirt, Dock Maartin wearing, "I don't make enough money", "the company makes me take chances", "the guy I'm flying with is an alcoholic but the company just got him a $30K type rating" issues.

This week, I heard all of these awesome issues from a charter pilot flying a lear while staying a few hours in HYA.

I don't think that this pilot could call his boss and say "cancel the flight"... for maintenance, for performance for fatigue. I just don't.

This is what I meant by, "fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets."

Don't buy this at all and doubt that you actually heard these comments.

Pretty lame and pretentious on your part. If this was the case, why would NetJets ever use charter to pick up the slack? You are saying that NetJets is willing to sacrifice safety for money in these cases.

Are you saying that your sister company, EJM which is a charter operation, isn't worth a hoot?

Where are you going to work if NetJets decides they no longer require your services?

BTW, where did most of the current crewmembers come from before they went to work at NetJets.

You've never solved a Rubic's Cube, have you?

So much for trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with you.

Just stick your head in the sand and pretend some of the issues NJAowner bring up don't exist....I'm sure they'll just disappear while you're in your happy place.

Flylow -- I will be fine. My concern is actually for you guys. Remember in business somene is "always tring to build a better mousetrap". If you do not stay at the top of you game, adapt and improve and instead rest on your laurels, the business will perish.

Well put !!!

There are a ton of good companies out there in this business. Netjets needs to maintain a high level of customer service.

So much for trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with you.

Just stick your head in the sand and pretend some of the issues NJAowner bring up don't exist....I'm sure they'll just disappear while you're in your happy place.

If you knew who I was, you'd retract that statement.

The reality of the matter is that I fly, they manage.

Yes... I hope things continue to change as much as they need to to satisfy Berkshire's need for ROI. Yes, Owners are a big part of that. I do everything I can to insure Ownership enjoyment with their NetJets experience. I see way more smiles on them today than I ever did in 2004.

I'm just not sure what you are looking for here from a worker bee.

Cheers man.

Last edited:
Not so fast

See reply below...

Don't buy this at all and doubt that you actually heard these comments.
I find it easy to believe these comments, especially if you've ever flown for one of the many shady 135 operators.

Pretty lame and pretentious on your part. If this was the case, why would NetJets ever use charter to pick up the slack? You are saying that NetJets is willing to sacrifice safety for money in these cases.
NetJets is very careful who they let fly their supplemental lift. NJA doesn't just flip open the yellow pages and dial...

Are you saying that your sister company, EJM which is a charter operation, isn't worth a hoot?
EJM is very reputable, that's never been questioned. They operate to the same standards as NetJets does to the best of my knowledge. I know a crew who's GIV is on the EJM certificate.

Where are you going to work if NetJets decides they no longer require your services?
Wherever he can get hired, just like the 495 of us already on the street.

BTW, where did most of the current crewmembers come from before they went to work at NetJets.
In my new hire class- Regional, Major Airline, Marine Corps, Charter, Corporate and a Float Plane guy. What's your point ?

His point inferred that any charter operator was inferior to NetJets when it came to safety. Dumping on all charter operators who support NetJet's business isn't very bright.

I do not disagree with your comments as they further the point that their are many good charter providers out there and employ excellent crewmembers. The fact is that most of the a/c are owned by companies (not the charter company) who hand picked their crewmembers who are also flying the charter trips.

Picking on a bad operators is fine, but the point was that all charter operators are bad.

Latest resources

Back