• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There may be other factors in the ratio, so I could be way off. Total aircraft may be counting aircraft parked for appearance, for sale, etc., but company claims we don't have jets simply sitting around, so who knows? The VSL, on the other hand, includes management pilots who don't fly a whole lot. I wonder if they were removed from the equation along with jets that are parked would change the numbers even more in our favor.

Last edited:
Recalls won't happen for a long long time. Guys are still showing at home according to a union rep.

Recalls won't happen for a long long time. Guys are still showing at home according to a union rep.

Then why do I have no ass left? Flown it off this week and still have three days to go.

Oh, and I talked with an NJE crew in Athens this morning (yesterday?). Their flying is up too. Not saying we'll recall any time soon but things do seem to be getting busier.

They are just following the instructions of the bean counters. They are doing their best to work the hell out of those on the road so that they can save money on airlines, hotels, per diem, meals, etc.... by leaving pilots at home while they can. They are also seeing how hard they can work us before we cry uncle so they can more precisely plan on when they need to recall. They want to know how productive we really can be. Those who don't cry uncle and fatigue when they are tired are not helping the cause and they are ensuring that they will be working their asses off for their entire career if they don't force the company to present reasonable schedules when they do make things impossible in a safety-wise way. I'm not saying we need to just F-bomb them because we don't like the schedule, but if you have any doubt that you are not in good shape to fly, you HAVE to make the call.

“I just spoke with Warren yesterday,” said Santulli, 65, a onetime head of Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s equipment-leasing group. “He asked me to send him materials about the company.”

From Aug. 8th, 2010 interview with Bloomberg Businessweek.

So Santulli seems to still have an amicable relationship with Buffett. He probably also has a good idea of the true staffing needs of Netjets. He's asking for resumes from the 495 which to me is not good for recalls. Why would he hire a pilot that is about to be recalled?

They say we are still 200 fat on pilots. That's what the company is saying so it must be true.....Nobody seems to really know how many airframes are on property.

Sokol is being painted as a heartless goon that is ruining Netjets. I get the sense he's just a black and white, raw data type. He doesn't care what the furlough has done to 495 lives. That's not part of the data. Santulli did care which is why we had the preventative measures....

I don't see recalls for a long time. I know my loyalty to Netjets is a fraction what it was prior to the furlough. We have all been handled...I was never told that I was being hired for "projected growth". That's what they told us after we lost our jobs...nice.

12 O'Clock High

Maj. Gen. Ben Pritchard: I guess I don't have to tell you what's coming, Frank. I'm promising you nothing except a job no man should have to do who's already had more than his share of combat. I've gotta ask you to take nice kids and fly them until they can't take any more, and then put 'em back in and fly 'em some more. We've got to try to find out just what a maximum effort is. How much a man can take and get it all.

Brig. Gen. Frank Savage: I'm just getting started. You're gonna stay right here and get a bellyful of flying. You're gonna make every mission.

General Frank Savage: You've been looking at a lot of air lately... and you think you ought to have a rest. In short, you're sorry for yourselves. I don't have a lot of patience with this, "What are we fighting for?" stuff. We're in a war, a shooting war. We've got to fight. And some of us have got to die.

I'm not trying to tell you not to be afraid. Fear is normal. But stop worrying about it and about yourselves. Stop making plans. Forget about going home. Consider yourselves already dead. Once you accept that idea, it won't be so tough. Now if any man here can't buy that... if he rates himself as something special, with a special kind of hide to be saved... he'd better make up his mind about it right now. Because I don't want him in this group. I'll be in my office in five minutes. You can see me there.

Last edited:
By the way, one of our fairly senior guys just left to go fly an airplane procured through the new RTS enterprise. Things that make you say "hmmmmm"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back