• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flylow -- yes you are correct. Owners are thrilled to be in the back and flying privately. But while many owners never even considered alternatives before, the past year at NJ has made many open their ears and listen to alternatives. I can only speak for the 50 or so owners I know, most of which are long term owners. If you paraphrase Ronald Reagan and ask owners "Do you think your overall ownership experience with NetJets is better than it was 2 years ago?", you may be surprised to hear the answer, it probably won't be an overwhelming YES.

Flylow,
What NJOwner writes worries me. I am a furloughed NJ pilot but, given my age, will probably never fly a NJ plane again. Still I am proud to have worked there. I spent 32 years in the airlines, watching the service levels go from pretty good to what they are now, Greyhound in the sky. My apologies to Greyhound. While wait times will mostly be suffered by assistants, it is still unacceptable in a luxury business like NJ. NJ commands a premium and must earn that premium or the owners will go to our competitors. This needs to be addressed.
Helm

Flylow,
What NJOwner writes worries me. I am a furloughed NJ pilot but, given my age, will probably never fly a NJ plane again. Still I am proud to have worked there. I spent 32 years in the airlines, watching the service levels go from pretty good to what they are now, Greyhound in the sky. My apologies to Greyhound. While wait times will mostly be suffered by assistants, it is still unacceptable in a luxury business like NJ. NJ commands a premium and must earn that premium or the owners will go to our competitors. This needs to be addressed.
Helm
Aint gonna happen until the head is chopped off in CMH. Sad but true!! His 6 remaining months can't end fast enough

Still have to beg to differ here though...

Pilots are usually the first to hear about Owner frustrations as they see us more than any other employee of NetJets. Owners expect us to provide feedback to the company, and we do.

I've flown some pretty happy Owners for some time now. I think most don't really care about the changes to the company. Little wrinkles like 2 minute holds will work themselves out over time with feedback.

In fact, the last time I flew Owners on a consistent basis that were not happy was back in 2004. Most of the managers who knew why that was are gone now.

I would hope that any Owner not feeling that their NetJets experience was up to par would voice their concerns. We all encourage it. The Owners are why we are here. Period.

Again, I just don't see unhappy people in the back. They are thrilled that they own, they are thrilled they are not on an airline, they are thrilled to be on a QS tail.

I know that's not the response some were looking for but it's my observation.

Does that mean they liked the curtains we picked out for the Ultra?:nuts:

Aint gonna happen until the head is chopped off in CMH. Sad but true!! His 6 remaining months can't end fast enough

What did you expect from an energy exec with no aviation or luxury industry experience bringing all the personality of an earthworm to the table?

Flylow -- yes you are correct. Owners are thrilled to be in the back and flying privately. But while many owners never even considered alternatives before, the past year at NJ has made many open their ears and listen to alternatives. I can only speak for the 50 or so owners I know, most of which are long term owners. If you paraphrase Ronald Reagan and ask owners "Do you think your overall ownership experience with NetJets is better than it was 2 years ago?", you may be surprised to hear the answer, it probably won't be an overwhelming YES.

Sir/Ma'am,

All any of us can do is simply to ask you for the patience over a year or so to allow NetJets to adjust and adapt to it's new form. The principles we have always held true such as safety and service will continue as our cornerstone. There are many travel options out there, some safe, most.. well... are "FAA approved". You will not find another company out there to fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets. You just will not.

All successful businesses and organizations go through changes during their life cycle. While this period has been one of the more noticeable periods of change to the observer, I can assure you that from a flight operations standpoint, your flight crew is looking out for you.

The rest will shake out on the other side.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... "The most important part of my day it the time spent with Owners."

Best Wishes.

Sir/Ma'am,

You will not find another company out there to fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets. You just will not.

Yeah,

Umm...NetJetOwner, you will find many companies out there able to "fly you and your loved ones with professional flight crews that have as much authority to affect safety in such a positive manner as NetJets."

Whatever that means...

In fact, many companies have pilots who can write coherent thoughts as well as fly you safely while delivering top notch service.

Just sayin...

Last edited:
Flylow -- I will be fine. My concern is actually for you guys. Remember in business somene is "always tring to build a better mousetrap". If you do not stay at the top of you game, adapt and improve and instead rest on your laurels, the business will perish.

Flylow -- I will be fine. My concern is actually for you guys. Remember in business somene is "always tring to build a better mousetrap". If you do not stay at the top of you game, adapt and improve and instead rest on your laurels, the business will perish.

Excellent points. NJA has done nothing to "adapt and improve" recently. The kool-aid drinkers will argue that they are adding "Wi-Fi" to the aircraft. Big deal. This was announced by all the other competitors prior to NJA making the announcement. NJA seems to be following and not leading anymore. Seems to be a slippery slope that the company is heading down especially when combined with an aging fleet with no aircraft on order.

Sir/Ma'am,

All any of us can do is simply to ask you for the patience over a year or so to allow NetJets to adjust and adapt to it's new form.

For the amount of money NJA charges, I think asking for a years worth of patience is a bit much. A month maybe, but a whole year?

The 2 minutes on hold is one thing, but for nobody to get back to him after a complaint is inexcusable.

I loved NetJets and thought it delivered a superior product, but you're chugging a lot of kool-aid if you think owners aren't looking elsewhere. And more and more will if Bridgeway doesn't get its act together soon.

Latest resources

Back