Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friend

Hi

I wanted to know what salary would a FO get on a Legacy. There is a private company that states if you pay for your own FO type rating at corporate rate the company will reimburse you monthly for 1 year your cost for the type on the Legacy. Do you think this is a good idea and what kind of pay would one get as a FO on the legacy.

Last time I looked entry-level on EMB was anywhere from $53,000 to $109,000, with the higher salary for a co-Captain.

Low-rent outfits like Starbase were paying like crap. Private owners were paying over $100K for CQFOs.

The reality is, $53,000 to $76,000 is where you will find most gigs, although these days.... Eeek.

Hi

I wanted to know what salary would a FO get on a Legacy. There is a private company that states if you pay for your own FO type rating at corporate rate the company will reimburse you monthly for 1 year your cost for the type on the Legacy. Do you think this is a good idea and what kind of pay would one get as a FO on the legacy.

Do you work for Mesa?

Any corporate outfit that makes you pay for your own training should raise a huge red flag.....this concept is just beyond stupid.

If they cant afford to train their own pilots, I'd be very surprised if they even want to pay you at all? I wouldn't! Id charge the owner 200K for that position and roll a bunch of moron pilots through the right seat and just not pay them!....:laugh:

Seriously, in the lowest part of corporate/ratty charter I have heard of year long "contracts" where you agree to pay them back pro-rated if you leave...thats kinda like slavery but at least YOU aren't fronting the money. Its kind of a mutual understanding of "we all know this job $ucks, but lets just stick it out to get some experience" type of agreement.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime for ANY of the type ratings I have. I'm not a contractor, I don't work for myself....Its part of the job, like having phones/computers/paper/staplers in an office.

Last edited:
The ONLY bright side I can see to this gig is that MAYBE they desire to find the right fit at the company and not just hire any ol' already typed regional FO. This gives them a chance to minimize their risk to do so rather than become a revolving door.

But I'm with G200, at the VERY least they should be paying for the type and ask you to sign one of those bogus traning agreements. Problem is, they too know it's bogus and if you leave they'll never get their money.

Any corporate outfit that makes you pay for your own training should raise a huge red flag.....this concept is just beyond stupid.

If they cant afford to train their own pilots, I'd be very surprised if they even want to pay you at all? I wouldn't! Id charge the owner 200K for that position and roll a bunch of moron pilots through the right seat and just not pay them!....:laugh:

Seriously, in the lowest part of corporate/ratty charter I have heard of year long "contracts" where you agree to pay them back pro-rated if you leave...thats kinda like slavery but at least YOU aren't fronting the money. Its kind of a mutual understanding of "we all know this job $ucks, but lets just stick it out to get some experience" type of agreement.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime for ANY of the type ratings I have. I'm not a contractor, I don't work for myself....Its part of the job, like having phones/computers/paper/staplers in an office.

Exactly what Gulfstream 200 said. Don't ever pay for training.

Last time I looked entry-level on EMB was anywhere from $53,000 to $109,000, with the higher salary for a co-Captain.

Low-rent outfits like Starbase were paying like crap. Private owners were paying over $100K for CQFOs.

The reality is, $53,000 to $76,000 is where you will find most gigs, although these days.... Eeek.

This is my beef with the WSCofD ..... it is an airplane that lowers the bar ... significantly. If I could wave my want ... this airplane along with its subpar salaries would go to the way of HansaJet.

The problem with this piece of composite airplane is that guys flying commuters is that this salary is like winning the lottery.

Latest resources

Back