• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

need help on salary for FO on Legacy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...I flew with a guy who 'Slipped' a jet on final to reduce airspeed with passengers. WTF

Depends on the jet, jackazz. For Falcons I agree with you. However, dipping a wing if you can is an advantage. Nothing like rolling down a runway in a jet on one main gear like a B-17 at an airshow. BOOYAH! :D

LOL

Don't try that in the FBW Falcons LD....or the upcoming FBW Globals, etc etc..

:)

Don't try that in the FBW Falcons LD....or the upcoming FBW Globals, etc etc..

I wouldn't even dip the wing in the 50. No room. Great way to scrape a tip off. As it were, I can land my Legacy in more than twice the x-wind you can in your Falcone, pen-day-joe. And I don't have to worry about running a wingtip through a snowbank when some idiot ramper tries to plow me through one, either. So there. :)

I slipped an EMB once when I didn't know any better (I was a total noob). Airplane didn't seem to mind but the Captain was sure to politely inform me that you don't fly a jet that way. HA HA HA.

FBW Global? Really? Didn't know that was coming. I obviously don't pay attention any more since I will be working at Wal-Mart for the forseeable future any way...

Last edited:
I can land my Legacy in more than twice the x-wind you can in your Falcone, pen-day-joe. And I don't have to worry about running a wingtip through a snowbank either. So there.

I slipped an EMB once when I didn't know any better (I was a total noob). Airplane didn't seem to mind but the Captain was sure to politely inform me that you don't fly a jet that way. HA HA HA.

FBW Global? Really? Didn't know that was coming. I obviously don't pay attention any more since I will be working at Wal-Mart for the forseeable future any way...

I'd guess about 35kts direct xwind is all I have had the chance to land a Falcon in (50/900ex/7X)...and really, it was a non-event like most jets. You can dip a wing just as you sensibly would in any swept-wing jet.

In fact, I only know of ONE infamous internet pilot who has had some girly issues with a little bitty crosswind in a Falcon...:blush:

Last edited:
I'd guess about 35kts direct xwind is all I have had the chance to land a Falcon in (50/900ex/7X)...and really, it was a non-event like most jets. You can dip a wing just as you sensibly would in any swept-wing jet.

In fact, I only know of ONE infamous internet pilot who has had some girly issues with a little bitty crosswind in a Falcon...:blush:

Well at least Dassault finally pulled their heads out of their arses and gave you footpedal steering. That sure helps. To land a 50 in that kinda' wind you need a third hand for the stupid tiller.

You also have about a foot more clearance for the wingtip in the 7X vs the 50. Still nowhere close to the mighty EMB but they're catching on.......slowly.

I don't know anyone but you dumb enough ( :D )to land a 50 with 35 knots direct cross... That would be like a NASCAR rodeo.

Well at least Dassault finally pulled their heads out of their arses and gave you footpedal steering. That sure helps. To land a 50 in that kinda' wind you need a third hand for the stupid tiller.

You also have about a foot more clearance for the wingtip in the 7X vs the 50. Still nowhere close to the mighty EMB but they're catching on.......slowly.

Very little clearance on 7X tips during landing as its a very swept wing. It is, however, an airplane you land flat, if not with a little push. Again, non-event.

Nose high, wing down, opposite rudder on 9 mile final xwind landings are good for 152's and Embarears, not for jets.

I never needed to quickly jump on the tiller in xwinds in any Falcon, and it would scare the crap outta me if someone did.

You are gettin there my son, a little more pattern work in that 152 and I swear, its gonna click!

PS - I would appreciate an invite to your first solo!

Very little clearance on 7X tips during landing as its a very swept wing. It is, however, an airplane you land flat, if not with a little push. Again, non-event.

Nose high, wing down, opposite rudder on 9 mile final xwind landings are good for 152's and Embarears, not for jets.

I never needed to quickly jump on the tiller in xwinds in any Falcon, and it would scare the crap outta me if someone did.

You are gettin there my son, a little more pattern work in that 152 and I swear, its gonna click!

PS - I would appreciate an invite to your first solo!

I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard at this post I can't reply!

:D

Latest resources

Back