Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D@mn - I missed all the action. Always a day late and a dollar short! :D

Archer Archer Archer (butch - LOL!)...there are close to ten thousand registered users on this board. Many if not most are inactive, or just lurking, but if you look at the Top-10 posters list and scroll through it a bit, you'll find lots of people here that have hundreds or more posts. Some have more than a thousand. Not all of them are high time pilots either - look at me or FlyChicaga - we're both pretty green.

To me, that says that there are a lot of people on this board from all levels of experience who feel that it has something to offer. This is a pretty amazing resource for pilots with any kind of question, and the sheer volume of people that post here regularly bear that out.

I've learned more on this board over the past couple of years than any other similar amount of time save the periods where I was actively working on a rating or certificate. I don't even have to post a question - many people post questions I don't even think to ask! If I could buy every person here a beer, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You get insight here that you'll never get from some Jeppesen textbook. And like I said above, I don't think I'm anywhere near alone in my sentiment.

So when you post this:

D@mn, I'm trying really hard to not throw this community out of the door...and I'm getting NOTHING in return.

...I can't help but write you off as a dumb@ss.

Sorry bud, it's 4th down, deep in your own territory, and you need to punt.

bigD said:
If I could buy every person here a beer, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

D@amn! I won't have the 8 hours "Bottle to Throttle" at lunch on Monday, but there is no 8 hour "BBQ to Throttle" rule! (well that is as long as you have a Lav on board!)

Heh - when my buddies and I fly to Llano for some Cooper's BBQ, I usually take a Cessna so I can leave the windows open for the trip home. It can get pretty bad. I hope the 900EX's cockpit is well ventilated! :p

Ok Falcon, please, for the sake of your claim that I post things repetively, go find me a single quote, where I have asked about work visas for corporate pilots. Just one thread, one post...where I asked any of you about work visas. My memory sucks, but I'm pretty sure I have never asked this question.

I'm known for posting more threads than the average member on online message boards...and I've been accredited for starting very original and interesting and useful threads. Maybe that didn't happen here...as I tend to ask about corporate aviation, which I'm interested in...rather than say talking about my PPL training...or about anything else in general.

and

First of all, that sentence doesn't even make sense... Perhaps you should elect a few additional "English as a Second Language" courses and not so many "Rocket Scientist" courses...

You would think that after 126 posts, you would get the point that I'm trying to fix things, and you guys still go on making fun of me. So how am I supposed to show respect for you people?

You went ahead and judged me, saying

Archer, you lost a lot of respect here... this thread has showed your true character from an annoying kid to an outright disrespectful person who thinks he is above everyone on this board.

"disrespectful person"...first of all...I tried to be as respectful as I could against a dozen people, all against me, all disrespecting me. Cmon Falcon, how would you have acted if more than a dozen people made fun of you and actually insulted you in several occasions? wouldn't you have trouble having respect for those people?

BigD...

This is a pretty amazing resource for pilots with any kind of question, and the sheer volume of people that post here regularly bear that out.

I've learned more on this board over the past couple of years than any other similar amount of time save the periods where I was actively working on a rating or certificate. I don't even have to post a question - many people post questions I don't even think to ask! If I could buy every person here a beer, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You get insight here that you'll never get from some Jeppesen textbook. And like I said above, I don't think I'm anywhere near alone in my sentiment.

So when you post this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D@mn, I'm trying really hard to not throw this community out of the door...and I'm getting NOTHING in return.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I can't help but write you off as a dumb@ss.

I think you missed my point. I agree with all that you said, and in the sentence I wrote than you quoted, and tried to say exactly that. This place is an amazing resource for pilots or prospective pilots...which is why I'm having a hard time "throwing out of the door"...when I said I'm getting nothing in return...I meant no effort from all you guys to stop the making fun of "Archer" and discussing things like civilized adults.

If you think I'm repetitive, just say it, but don't go bashing me! Remain civil, as I've been, until you all started bashing me.

You guys started it...all I could do is try to defend my image, to no avail it seems, as you guys can't discuss things like adults it seems, resorting to idiotic jokes.

I hope, for the last time, that you get the message I'm trying to get across.

It's not too late to fix things, if you cooperate at your end, as I'm trying to remain as civil as possible, as I value this board as a great resource, and trying my best to cope with it's members.

And all was fine till this thread...until you all lashed out at me...

Archer

Archer said:
Now how about you go back and get the peanuts and Diet Pepsi ready for your passengers.

Wow! Now THAT'S maturity! I'm impressed. :eek:

an overachiever.

I just love that he keeps on postin, only to get shot down!!!

...as I value this board as a great resource, and trying my best to cope with it's members

If the board is a great resource, and the board is made up of all us members, then that makes these members you speak of the great resource. I would stop your remaks about those who frequent this board since they are the ones providing you with information. Especially all the members who have posted on this thread, they are some of the most common you'll see exchanging information elsewhere. Yet your going to knock them?

D@mn - I missed all the action. Always a day late and a dollar short!

Don't worry, I missed it too. Everytime I go to work I miss all the good stuff. I'll have to take my laptop along more often.

I'm known for posting more threads than the average member on online message boards...and I've been accredited for starting very original and interesting and useful threads.

Really? Guess I never got the memo.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Archer needs a HUG.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but Archer, come on dude. I used to work at Lafayette Aviation and I can tell you one thing my fellow CFIs and I had in common..We want to fly cool sh*t, get of out Lafayette and enjoy every minute of it.

We didn't care if we got out flying a Baron, an RJ or anything else...Hell, we were all young and realized we could always do something different if we wanted to (ummm, I don't know what that would be).

Seriously dude, chill out and go with the flow. Falcon Capt's sig says it all...It's in the journey. AND NO MATTER WHAT CAREER YOU CHOOSE IT WILL NEVER WORKOUT THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO.

Ask any CFI at Lafayette Aviation what they want to do, and it will be one answer in one form or another, "I want to leave this town and flying something cool"

Good advice.

EDIT: FlyChicaga made a good point. If you don't love aviation, you're not in the right field. I will be able to endure 530 shows, 16 hour duty days and crap pay for a long time because I love aviation. To this day when I fly, I always look out the window am thankful that I can have such a nice view, and am able to do something not many people are able to do. That is my motivation, that is my drive. Without it, you need to rethink what you are doing.

And another note, I got into flyining because when I was 6 years old I saw Topgun and thought, "Wow, I want to do that"...I've never looked back. You need to look inside of you and comitt to whatever you FEEL IS RIGHT. Be it an engineer or a pilot, you'll be a lot happier.

Last edited:
Don't even get me started, Falcon Capt! I just got done having a couple of pitchers of lunch time beer with some buddies, and I didn't even get carded. What kind of sick sh!t is that!!!??? Jeeebus!

Latest resources

Back