Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Archer said:
I've never liked the idea of making fun of somone. I never did, and never will. I think it degrades humans. It's like an insult to whoever you are making fun of. That's why I've been having trouble seeing how mature you all are.

Geez what a frickin bore! :rolleyes:

----back at the "skybar"----

Ooooohh ooohhh!!! Look! A Cessna 152 coming in for a landing! Wow, right on the numbers! ***sips diet pepsi, adjusts coke-bottle glasses***

-------

plz ignore this post, it's immature

Archer,

Another tidbit of wisdom. Whether you decide to fly airplanes or be an engineer, remember that the most successful people in this life typically don't wait for good things to come to them...rather, they aggressively pursue the good things. For example, prior to being hired by TWA, every single flying job I had was "created" by me. I sought and received an aerial pipeline patrol sub-contract from a major petroleum pipeline company; I convinced an architectural firm to lease, and later purchase, a light twin and hire me as their pilot; I wrote a business plan to form a small part 135 carrier and convinced several individuals to purchase airplanes to lease to me for charter and flight instruction. These ventures were successful and I enjoyed every minute of it (well, except for maybe the pipeline patrol across North Dakota in the winter.)

Whatever you decide, pursue it aggressivly, be flexible and realize that your desires may change throughout the years....and that's OK.

I'm studying rocket science, and most probably lived in more places, speak more languages, been exposed to more cultures, and seen more of the world than more than two thirds of you at least.

When you all drive to Purdue to smack him, if he isn't French, I will buy the gas and all of you a drink.

He claims to be Italian.

Yes, I do claim that.

md8pilot,

once again, I totally agree...thanx for the advice. You gotta love what you do, work hard at it, and you'll end up being rewarded.

Archer

"I'm studying rocket science, and most probably lived in more places, speak more languages, been exposed to more cultures, and seen more of the world than more than two thirds of you at least."

Archer---
Being Italian, you are porbably pretty to look at, but the more you open up your mouth, the more uglier you grow. You original message has been lost in this thread and you are just facing an uphill battle right now.

Take your Red White and Blue education and go back to Italy with it. When you go bashing Americans (all 300 million of us) be sure not to hide where you got your Rocket Science degree from.

Milan's Linate airport has a large amount of corporate flying and look there for a job. Shapen your skills with some mountain flying, or do something useful with your life.

As of right now, we Americans need each other more than ever, and and irritating ethnocentric Euro-garbage deserves to go back to the land of 36% tax rates.

Goodbye!

PS
The Pope would be very unhappy with your level of pride, especially now that its lent!

I guess I owe you all a drink. Meet me at the Skybar for a virtual drink.

Being Italian, you are porbably pretty to look at

But being an aeronautical engineer probably more than negates any inherent benefit from being Italian!

(Now Archer, before you jump all over me for being a "big meanie", I'm a physics geek - so say what you will about my probable physical appearance!)

Archer said:
I'm 20 years old, I'm not a kid. I'm studying rocket science, and most probably lived in more places, speak more languages, been exposed to more cultures, and seen more of the world than more than two thirds of you at least.

Archer,

If you are soooo smart, what the he!! are you doing asking this bunch of dumb pilots what to do with your life? You sound like you have it all figured out, being a Rocket Scientist and all... :rolleyes:

Hey, you aren't on the TV show Survivor are you??? There is a guy on there who claims to be a "Rocket Scientist" too, and he certainly isn't the sharpest knief in the drawer either... :eek:

the bottom line

Archer,

This is what it all boils down to....

Pilots know everything. The fact that you start a thread by asking a question reveals to all of us that you in fact are not one of the lucky few that knows everything. Therefore, you are not capable of being a pilot. I am sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but I have seen enough people dance around the issue now. Save yourself the heartache and pursue the rocket thing. Maybe one day you will come close to the status of all-knowing pilot. Best of luck to you, a non all-knowing person.

FL350

Latest resources

Back