Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cuban B.
My question in why have you brought the crap converstion over to a thread that was filled with real discussion and information. It seems to me that the worthless diarhea thread is back a few pages, just go there and post to your heart's content. I would rather have a real discussion of why we as pilots, more imprtantly we as skilled, educated, and intelligent professionals, allow companies like Empire to run over us and not go union or at least fight. Instead we play off our insecurites with diarhea rants, what a waste of tallent and energy.
Sline

ME SPELL GOOD

Cuban B.
My question in why have you brought the crap converstion over to a thread that was filled with real discussion and information. It seems to me that the worthless diarhea thread is back a few pages, just go there and post to your heart's content. I would rather have a real discussion of why we as pilots, more imprtantly we as skilled, educated, and intelligent professionals, allow companies like Empire to run over us and not go union or at least fight. Instead we play off our insecurites with diarhea rants, what a waste of tallent and energy.
Sline

Dude, at least we know how to have fun at Empire.

Grrrr

"You guys better be careful. Austin eats small children for breakfast!"

i usually agree with sliine but i do not think that we are skilled, educated and intelligent professionals. it says in the far that to be a commercial pilot you do not need above average intelligence which is very apparent in our industry just look at me and the way i type most of the time. not to say that we aren't a great group of people that can get the job done everyday day in and out industry wide. unions won't work because the customer says no way and will can the whole operation, it would be nice if people stood up but we all no that is not going to happen. people are still paying to fly, not with us but that is the basics of the attitude here.

Thunder,
Sorry you sell yourself so short. I think if you can get the job done on an old F27 you must be at least a bit above average. As for the union thing, I would not give up on the idea. It is impossible for a company to have a no-union stance, it is simply against the law, they can not stop a labor group who wants to from organizing. If they canned Empire who is going to fly the freight, MAC, that would seem a bit far fetched. And whoever did fly it would need some good, hard working, above average, intelligent, Hoff loving pilots to fly those old birds as quickly as possible. Where you think they might find those?

Thats the sad reality of a Fedex feeder. If you unionized, you would be dropped like a rock from the Fedex system. In the short run it would hurt, but I think Fedex could get the freight moved.
I remember a few years ago when rumors were floating around about MAC unionizing, Fedex was curious if Empire would be able to take over all the 121 work.

Its a myth that Fed Ex would automatically drop a company if they were to unionize. On the other hand, they will look at companies that can provide a less disruptive service and a union would surely disrupt. But we have few choices and seeing if a union can better our lives is one.

hey i am all for talking to a union i agree that it would mess up fedex pretty good ( not that i want anything bad to happened to them) and that would come into play as far as them dropping us but we are on a 30 day contract that is essentially month to month. i am sure it wouldn't happen right away, fx would line the ducks in a row and without knowing it bam one day we all are out of a job. this dosn't worry me to much since i am marketable and have the reserves to wait for another job others may not. as far as the f i enjoyed it more than the atr. it is checklisted to death and the way everyone is scared of its icing abilities annoys me. i wish people would make decisions for themselves and not believe everything that the faa puts out there. after all they are not there for our safety but to promote air commerce.

Latest resources

Back