• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can start in either seat of any airplane. Some guys have upgraded in 1 1/2 years and some in 3. We are at the mercy of our customer.

also depends on your total time. yo need 3000 hrs to upgrade and some come here with 1500 thinkiong they will get a quick one since that seems to be the rumor but a lot of our lines only fly a couple hundred hours a month. so you start in what you apply for and upgrade is hard to lock downa time for we are truly at the mercy of the customer.

If you are looking for a straight up upgrade, its a crapshoot. Whats happening today may or may not be the haps tommorow (Tommara for Thunder).

Yeah, I ran into a hefty lady up in Jnu the other day-she said that she is looking for one of our pilots-she says he is the father of her young son.

Just so I have this straight,

Empire upgrades are not based on a senority system. They base it on your tt. What about your pilots that have 2.5k tt. Do they still upgrade outside of the company (New hire captains)? How does this respect any type of senority list? And has your pilot group addressed this?

I assume by Blingair's reference to your customer you mean that FedEx dictates what Empire does. Does Empire participate in any other flying other FedEx contract work?

Just so I have this straight,

Empire upgrades are not based on a senority system. They base it on your tt. What about your pilots that have 2.5k tt. Do they still upgrade outside of the company (New hire captains)? How does this respect any type of senority list? And has your pilot group addressed this?

I assume by Blingair's reference to your customer you mean that FedEx dictates what Empire does. Does Empire participate in any other flying other FedEx contract work?

Upgrades are based off the "senority" list but as everything is here, its at Empire's discretion. If a F/O is short of hours they will hire off the street.

Our one egg is in one basket, one customer.
Just curious General, where do you work?

Latest resources

Back