• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Mediation Board: East and West -- Single Carrier Status

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OH, your are aware of the democratic process? What about the poll for age 65?

You contradict yourself.
You mean the poll that the majority of the membership didn't participate in? I agree that ALPA screwed up on Age 60, but the membership also shoulders the blame because they were too lazy to vote in a simple online poll.

So I guess you two numbnuts are going to blame everybody else besides yourselves and ALPA national when we get steamrolled by open skies?

I can't wait to read all about how f'd up we poor line pilots are from Rez and PCL. National never does any wrong, its all the pilots' fault.

Right. In that case, I guess its the people's fault that we are at war in Iraq, since only about half the country voted in the last election and so it can't be any elected official's fault.

What a lame argument. Sorry for the thread drift.

FJ

So I guess you two numbnuts are going to blame everybody else besides yourselves and ALPA national when we get steamrolled by open skies?
I certainly don't see any of the rank and file too concerned with it. They're too busy just flying their trips and going home to play golf. They can't be bothered with something like open skies. But you can bet they'll bitch and whine like hell when politics in DC once again steamrolls right over them and their apathy.
Right. In that case, I guess its the people's fault that we are at war in Iraq, since only about half the country voted in the last election and so it can't be any elected official's fault.
Maybe if 70% or 80% of the American electorate would get off their collective ass and come out and vote for anti-war candidates then they'd get the withdrawal from Iraq that they want. Otherwise, the politicians in Washington will take advantage of the apathy among the people and do whatever the hell they want to do. Starting to see a pattern here? The people (aka the membership) have the power to change things, but they have to take the initiative to do it. Lounging around on their asses all day and watching Britney's latest breakdown on TV will get them exactly what they complain about: a government that doesn't work for the people.

More East guys stomping their feet like spoiled children:crying: in the candy store. Wasting more time instead of concentrating on getting a GOOD contract. Nice job...way to use those brains!:rolleyes:

Brains ??? easties have brains??!!??:eek:

WHO KNEW ?!!??!??

PHXFLYR:cool:

ALPA is not regulatory. It's ability to effect change is via consensus. If 60,000 pilots say no then its gets attention. This is why all pilots need to be under one union. When 100,000 say no... all in the USA... Congress will listen.

Back in May 06 at the rally in Wash DC at the mall... 100 pilots showed up....

what do you think is more effective... 100 pilots or 60,000? Or 100,000?

I can't wait to read all about how f'd up we poor line pilots are from Rez and PCL. National never does any wrong, its all the pilots' fault.

National does plenty wrong... but pilots are too busy on the golf course or starting second business to call them out. And when they do call them out they are really not informed on the issue. Take age 60 for example.. ALPA ran its survey with its little get out of jail card free question: If the law were to change would you want ALPA to make it as painless as possible (my words). An active, effective and engaged membership could have called bullshat....

But you don't want to be effective... you got tee times...

Are you saying educated, informed and effective democracy has no value?

Where would you place blame in a democratic society?

Do citizens of a democracy have responsibilities?

Rez/ PCL- what specifically do you want? All i hear is vague condemnations. What do you want right now that you're not getting?

Rez/ PCL- what specifically do you want? All i hear is vague condemnations. What do you want right now that you're not getting?
Are you kidding? I thought we'd been pretty clear. I want people to go to their Local Council meetings. Yes, even if it's on a day off. I want people to read the ALPA C & BLs and Admin Manual so they know how their union works. I want people to educate themselves on the issues and vote in polls and elections. I want people to contribute a reasonable amount of money to ALPA-PAC. I want people to read both volumes of Flying the Line. I want people to file grievances when their contractual rights are violated. I want people to show up to picketing events. Again, yes, even if it's on a day off. Is that clear enough?

• 5% total member particaption in LEC meetings.
  • 35% total member particaption in LEC elections
  • 16% total member particaption in ALPA-PAC
  • 39% total member particaption in Age 60 survey.
Answer me this waveflyer.....are the above particaption rates acceptable? Yes or No.

I want people to read the ALPA C & BLs and Admin Manual so they know how their union works.

Funny.... pilots will read their FOM and Flight Manual so they can fly the jet.... but they just can't seem to read the manual on how to "fly thier career".

Tens of Millions of dollars in income over decades.... and pilots won't read the manual.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back