• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Mediation Board: East and West -- Single Carrier Status

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damn. Who woulda thunk USAPA would gain this much traction.

I don't have a dog in the east vs. west fight but I must say I'm impressed.

Being at NWA, I'm not ALPA's biggest fan. Age 65 was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If I had to bet, the pro ALPA guys probably won't show up in numbers and the pro USAPA guys will show up to vote to a man.

Should get interesting.

Being at NWA, I'm not ALPA's biggest fan. Age 65 was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
You do realize that the NWA MEC was staunchly opposed to changing the rule and changing ALPA's policy, right? Captain Miller, your EVP, was the sole EVP that had the balls to vote against Prater on the Executive Council on this issue. If Age 60 is your big issue, then you should be very happy with your leadership at NWA. They are the ones who stood tall and did the right thing.

Why? Because they are u SAP a, thats why. From the pilot up, u SAP a is gonna cure everything from a bald head to fallen arches.

As soon as USAPA can cure minuscule penile syndrome, Tanker Clown and would be happy to vote for them--and General Lee (and all of his screen names) would jump ship at Delta to work at US Air.

In their petulance, so many u SAP a types just haven't figured out that they can't will things to happen. We all know a buddy or two who believes his own bull********************, well u SAP a is that group of buddies, collectively.

That's only the case when that union has an agency shop clause negotiated with the company. USAPA would have no agency shop, unless the company agreed to negotiate one right out of the blocks (highly unlikely, since I'd imagine that a huge number of West pilots will refuse to pay dues). The likelihood of USAPA ever successfully negotiating agency shop is close to 0%.
Actually under RLA, there are no "Free Riders" allowed regardless of Agency Shop rules. The company is compelled to fire delinquent dues payers. Having said that dismissing 1800 pilots is very impractical.

Actually under RLA, there are no "Free Riders" allowed regardless of Agency Shop rules. The company is compelled to fire delinquent dues payers. Having said that dismissing 1800 pilots is very impractical.
Not sure where you got that idea. Under both the RLA and NLRA, open shops are certainly permitted. My previous employer was an open shop until the 1999 contract. The only union "shop" not allowed under the RLA is the "closed shop," which requires not only dues being paid, but outright membership.

You do realize that the NWA MEC was staunchly opposed to changing the rule and changing ALPA's policy, right? Captain Miller, your EVP, was the sole EVP that had the balls to vote against Prater on the Executive Council on this issue. If Age 60 is your big issue, then you should be very happy with your leadership at NWA. They are the ones who stood tall and did the right thing.

As I stated age 65 was 'the straw that broke the camels back'

I realize that was ALPA National plowing that thru. Prater is probably my biggest beef with ALPA. I think he is in over his head.

My beef with NWA MEC is how they essentially gave away the farm here under threats from management of a possible liquidation which turned out to be a total farce.

Sorry for the thread drift.

As I stated age 65 was 'the straw that broke the camels back'

Just when you think things can'[t get anyworse... they do.... wait till open skies and cabatoge hit us...

I realize that was ALPA National plowing that thru. Prater is probably my biggest beef with ALPA. I think he is in over his head.

Agreed... I but the burden on the guys who put him in place...

My beef with NWA MEC is how they essentially gave away the farm here under threats from management of a possible liquidation which turned out to be a total farce.

What about the democratic vote via the entire pilot group?

Keep in mind that many of the reps who took part in that are no longer on the MEC. Also, your current EVP was the strongest voice against that joke of a TA and led the effort to get rid of Mclain.

Just when you think things can'[t get anyworse... they do.... wait till open skies and cabatoge hit us...

Agreed... I but the burden on the guys who put him in place...

What about the democratic vote via the entire pilot group?

OH, your are aware of the democratic process? What about the poll for age 65?

You contradict yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back