• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Airlines - KYIP - 757 FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard last night that the deal for the -400's fell through and they were probably going to end up going to Connie, did anyone else hear that?

Yeah I heard the same thing, supposedly National is having financing issues with the 400s and Connie may have the next best bid.

Yeah I heard the same thing, supposedly National is having financing issues with the 400s and Connie may have the next best bid.

Word is that National has a LOT of cash on hand.
Classes on the 757 and 747's are already under way.
Both planes are already on property.

Wishful demise and speculation by the Kalitta crews?

Last edited:
http://www.nationalaircargo.com/
Parent Companywww.nationalaircargo.com of the airline, they want their own airline to move THEIR OWN FREIGHT!!! NO MORE ACMI (National Airlines aka Murray Air is the certificate they bought to make it happen).
Fleet Plans News: National Airlines receives first Boeing 747-400BCF converted freighter
The renewal of the fleet operated by Detroit (Ypsilanti) based airline, formerly known as Murray Air, continues apace. In addition to the two recently added Boeing 757 converted freighters (see my blog of 30 July) the airline took delivery on 30 June 2010 of a former Air France Boeing 747-400BCF (reg N952CA, serial 25238). For the time being these aircraft will be operated alongside the existing DC-8 freighter fleet, currently made up of two DC-8-63CFs (one active) and two DC-8-73F/CFs, but the carrier told me this afternoon that they are "moving to an [all] 757 and 747-400" freighter fleet.

P.S. Dont believe everything Pete tells you.

No I really enjoyed the Captains I flew with.
The plane was P.O.S
Although it is fairly interesting to see the almost cult like love of that turd by the old timers like your self.
Plenty of jobs in the 3rd World to keep that dream alive.... My hat is off to you

Tis the poor carpenter that blames his tools...

Whatever, enjoy your ERJ

Word is that National has a LOT of cash on hand.
Classes on the 757 and 747's are already under way.
Both planes are already on property.

Wishful demise and speculation by the Kalitta crews?

Nope, could care less, I was mostly concerned for a mechanic buddy that went there. I like flying Jurassic jets around. I moved over to the 727 so I could fly something newer, you can only do that at Kalitta.

Although I will give you the speculation part, maybe it will force Doug's hand at looking at some 757's sometime down the road, that's all I've heard from other crew members.

Last edited:
We have an exciting opportunity available to you through one of our clients based out of Ypsilanti Michigan. They are looking to immediately fill the position of B-747 Qualified Check Airman (SME). The position is paying $75-80k dependent on experience.
The requirements for this position are:
· Must be current on 747 and have experience with aircraft certification (specifically the 747-400).
· Candidate to function as SME during aircraft certification process.
· Minimum 5 years international experience, familiar with current RSVM.
· Previous fleet addition certification process experience and leadership skills in project management.
· Must be current and qualified on equipment within the past 12 months.
· Position will revert to Line Captain/Check Airman post certification.

Seems as though it would be a good fit and it is a permanent position. They offer medical, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, and match 401k contributions. They also provide a relocation assistance package.

Is there a 744-current LCA in the world that would go for that?

maybe if ya tag 100K on to that salary. unfortunately there is somebody out there who will fill the position, we are our own worst enemies. viva la verde

Latest resources

Back