• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Airlines - KYIP - 757 FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard today that National was having a hard time getting financing. They were given a 30 day extension to come up with the funds. Who knows what the real story is. Time will tell.

I read somewhere that the 'planes in question landed up in Moscow with TransAero a post cold war reincarnation of the former Aeroflot; repacing their -200'S.

PHXFLYR

I read somewhere that the 'planes in question landed up in Moscow with TransAero a post cold war reincarnation of the former Aeroflot; repacing their -200'S.

PHXFLYR
Transaero Airlines Continues Fleet Expansion in 2010
In line with Transaero's ongoing fleet development and modernization program, the airline has signed lease agreements for the acquisition of 14 new wide-body, long–haul aircraft, including five Boeing 777s and nine Boeing 747-400s.
The Boeing 777s jetliners will be used for operations on both international and domestic routes, primarily to destinations in the Far East. The new Boeing 747-400 aircraft will replace Transaero’s Boeing 747-200 and Boeing 747-300 aircraft and will be mainly operated on international routes.
The first of the 14 leased aircraft is scheduled to be added to Transaero’s fleet in May, with others coming later this year. The newly acquired Boeing 777s have only seen limited service with Singapore Airlines while the Boeing 747-400 aircraft were previously operated by JAL.
The lease agreements for the jetliners have been approved by the Transaero Airlines Board of Directors.

They are being leased, the 5 in question are being purchased. K4 just had another bid for more 400 CA's and FO's on top of the bid that has not closed yet for classic FO's and 400's.

I was offered a job at National a couple of weeks ago. I am a current 75/76 Cap with the worldwide experience they want. They wanted to hire a group of 6 Captains to get the 75 program going. They wanted me to move to YIP and write manuals while we worked to get the 75 going. No commuting, international base. 65K/yr. Ummm, I didn't go.

65k/yr - yeah that's low - way too low - & who wants to move to Detroit, unable to commute, and write manuals? Tough not taking a job flying the 757, it's such a good plane, but I think you made the right decision.

PHXFLYR

Transaero is a passenger carrier, so no interest there for the JAL cargo airplanes. The JAL passenger airplanes, of course.

BTW Aeroflot is still alive and well. The end of the cold war was good to them in that it allowed them to get some western airplanes.

Last edited:
aside from all of the previously posted stuff. What is National looking for in their potential new hires (either dc-8 or 757 fo?)

Just heard their 757s are approaching certification. Yes, I realize the pay/benefits is pi$$ poor. No doubt about it that National sets the low bar....

That said, who are they hiring for these birds - mainly furloughed pilots? I hear the 744 is flown by furloughed UPS drivers...

What's the latest with National in terms of hiring?

Just heard their 757s are approaching certification. Yes, I realize the pay/benefits is pi$$ poor. No doubt about it that National sets the low bar....

That said, who are they hiring for these birds - mainly furloughed pilots? I hear the 744 is flown by furloughed UPS drivers...

What's the latest with National in terms of hiring?

Haven't heard of any hiring but from what I have heard, it sounds like one of the worst managed places there is.

Latest resources

Back