Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I denied a 172 over the pacific not that crazy. At least I got 2 engines...

Your posts make your intention in the use of "crazy" somewhat unclear; you use it as a badge of honor, calling yourself a "crazy ferry pilot," and yet tell us you're not that crazy..not crazy enough to fly a single engine airplane over the pacific. Apparently over the Atlantic is okay, just not the pacific.

Spring Special 05-2007 Single Engine Airplanes U.S.A. To U.K. $1,400 Labor + Expenses

Spring Specia 05-2007 Multi Engine Airplanes U.S.A. To U.K. $1,300 Labor + Expenses

You've told us before that you really want a corporate job; you want to be a corporate pilot, or to do something other than ferrying airplanes. You've lamented that you lack the experience to be qualified to apply for such positions. Hopefully at such time as you do have the requisite experience (assuming you survive), you won't list yourself as "crazy ferry pilot" on your resume...a resume which so far has two jobs on it, one of which isn't flying.

The truth is you don't have any other experience in aviation, and your qualification is that you bought your own airplane and flew it, and then started conning people into letting you fly theirs for delivery...at such time as you're in over your head, you don't have the experience to know you're there, yet throw yourself headlong into the fire anyway. You're proud of risk, which isn't an enviable or desireable attribute in a professional pilot. Your maturity level in your posts is reminiscent of a high school kid bragging to his friends, not a professional pilot.

At some point, something is going to have to happen to you which wakes you up, and we can only hope that you survive this wake-up call. The leap from where you are now mentally to where you need to be as a responsible, professional individual is a big one. From your posts, quite possibly a little too big. Don't hurt yourself trying to bridge that gulf, even if it's a female jungle gym waiting for you at the end of each leg. Long story short...grow up.

I flew a 500 series commander part 135 and I have to tell ya, while it is a great and simple plane to fly it is certainly not a "give me the POH, my fee, and keys....see ya" type airplane. Come to think of it, none of them really are.

I flew a 500 series commander part 135 and I have to tell ya, while it is a great and simple plane to fly it is certainly not a "give me the POH, my fee, and keys....see ya" type airplane. Come to think of it, none of them really are.

W2B, I think you really have something going with your avatar. Why not make it the "unofficial" NW_Pilot T-Shirt and sell them on here with your luggage tags?

I'd love to see him try to steer it. The good news is that the 500 doesn't have the geared powerplants, so there's a reasonable chance that there won't be too much engine damage when he gets where he's going. Of course, I predict a few new cylinders after the inevitable shock cooling that's about to take place. From a 182 to a twin commander.."give me the poh...see ya". I'm with you, W2B.

I'd love to see him try to steer it. The good news is that the 500 doesn't have the geared powerplants, so there's a reasonable chance that there won't be too much engine damage when he gets where he's going. Of course, I predict a few new cylinders after the inevitable shock cooling that's about to take place. From a 182 to a twin commander.."give me the poh...see ya". I'm with you, W2B.

From the pics he provided, it is a geared engine, GO-480's (unmistakable from the cowling). I think it's a AC-560?

I would expect him to make s-turns while trying to taxi that thing, but I was hoping they would smooth out once he got it in the air...

Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back