My GoJet Experience today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Friend.
Airline flying and frac flying are two different animals. Your customers pay top dollar for the treatment you apparently seek on an airline (connecting commuter flight, no less!). Ain't gonna happen. Hey, when you were a 121 guy, are you sayin you've never delt with these issues or signed for a plane in this condition. B.S.

Airline travel is what it is. It's mass transportation. You ride the subway, train, bus and shuttle. How clean and friendly are these operations. Was your mainline connection so awful? I'm sure the condition was not much better either.

You're being a pretentious guy knowing full well how things run. The post was more an attack on GJ than anything else.

Rake, well said! I can't believe this thread is still hangin' around. Absolutely no criticism of the crews. They live and work under abysmal conditions. If you are a frac guy, you have no idea what they go through on a daily basis. Flex is absolute heaven!

Prior to pushing from the gate the flight attendants made an announcement that all beverages brought on to the airplane including coffee, soda, water etc. purchased in the concourse was prohibited and had to be collected per FAA regulation (this is completly false).

Unfortunately, this is true. The cabin safety side of the FAA has determined that ALL carry on items must be stowed before take off in an approved carry on storage area (121.589). Food and beverage items have been determined to be "carry on." Food items are pretty easy to store (in an overhead, under the seat in front of you). As the seat back pocket in front of you is NOT an approved storage area, you may not place your drink there (under he seat, if properly outfitted; over head bin or approved closet are the approved areas on most aircraft).

At my last carrier the FAA required us to include the same announcement in one of our FA manual revisions. Like I said before, most food items are not a problem. They are pretty stable and fairly well contained. Beverages, however, are not. They fall over in overheads (ruining all they come in contact with - think about how good your laptop is after a jumbo Coke has been dumped on it) or they are falling out of people's hands (or being tossed "up" in turbulence) burning the holder and the people around them.

Some carriers are have made it simple - if it cannot be stowed safely (ie, locking, twist on lid with NO opening - not most car cups) it must be pitched out. I am no GoJet fan - just talked a friend out of applying there, but the FAs in this case were right on the money and doing their job.

The FA was not on the money if s/he was taking bottled water bought in the terminal. It is easily sealed and will not leak. S/he would not have gotten my water. And if the seat pocket is not an approved storage area, then magazines and briefing cards should not be put there under any circumstances. They can fly around the cabin in turbulence or a crash. I have never been asked to give up my water on any other carrier, so I am going to call BS on this one. Oh, and I was an FA for 11 years before I switched sides of the door.

All I'm sayin is "Dear NetJetters. We get it OK? You provide good customer service and you hate Part 121. Now can we please move on?"

The part I don't get is I would think you guys would be happy that the airlines don't cater to the high end traveler any more because that might attract some of the business from the edges of your clientèle.

It seems that some of you guys get off on lurking in here and hatin' on Part 121 ops. I guess whatever makes ya happy.

Last edited:
I hate to be the spelling and grammar Nazi but that original poster sounded like an idiot. Basic rule of thumb; If you're going to bitch about quality, please try not to make yourself look like a complete moron in the process.

Now, please tell me how many spelling and grammar errors I made in this post. Never fails, Huh?

Last edited:
All I'm sayin is "Dear NetJetters. We get it OK? You provide good customer service and you hate Part 121. Now can we please move on?"

The part I don't get is I would think you guys would be happy that the airlines don't cater to the high end traveler any more because that might attract some of the business from the edges of your clientèle.

It seems that some of you guys get off on lurking in here and hatin' on Part 121 ops. I guess whatever makes ya happy.

Dont hate part 121, I would not be where I am without it... my experience on Go jet the other day was pittiful... I have been on many many 121 flights that have been wonderful... so it is not a hate thing.

Dont hate part 121, I would not be where I am without it... my experience on Go jet the other day was pittiful... I have been on many many 121 flights that have been wonderful... so it is not a hate thing.
I think you meant pitiful, not pittiful. Also, the contraction of do and not usually has a apostrophe such as "don't."

I think the quality of some of your post has gone down hill. In fact, it seems pitiful.

Just kidding. I had to mess wit ya. I hope you have a better flight next time. I hate riding in the back too. My biggest complaint is that the damn seats are always full.

FWIW, I think the North West FA's are the worst. RAH FA's really seem to try and do a pretty good job in my opinion.

I was recently a paying customer on a Northwest flight. The worst thing was that almost all the seats were full on a DC9. The two exit rows were empty. I tried to move to one but the FA made me return to my assigned seat. Then some NW pilots and FA's who were deadheading got the exit rows. The worst part is that they were real loud about how happy they were to get the good seats. When I used to work for a Delta regional, this would have never happened. Not trying to come down on NW. I'm sure we all have our won horror stories.

I should clarify that my previous disparaging remarks were about NW mainline and not NW regionals. I've always had good experiences on the regionals. Especially Mesaba.

I'm going to reveal my age here but I remember when air travel was a special occasion. When I was a kid my family never flew because my folks could not afford it. They weren't really poor but average people didn't seem to fly back then. People got dressed up for a plane trip and you got dressed up just to take a relative to the airport.

Now the gate area for a South West looks like the set of the Jerry Springer show. I remember seeing Li'l Abner getting on in Huntington wearing bib overalls and no shirt. A passenger from CMH to JFK with a black garbage bag for luggage.

Let's face it. It is a different animal. There's some good to it and some bad but it is not the same thing. The good is that there is a travel option for the unwashed masses. And that includes me.

I think in the future we'll see even more stratification. More ultra low cost carriers on one end and a continuum of choices for people who want more and are willing to pay more.

OK. Just to get back to the original thread. NetJets offers a high level of customer service.

Latest resources

Back