My GoJet Experience today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

My company purchased me a mid tour ticket on UA and I happed to get a leg on Go jet from IAD to ORF. This is my first Go Jet experience and let me tell you it was a just that an experience... I can only hope that from a customers point of view that if UA gets enough letters like this they will send Go Jet right where they belong.. into the history books as a failed airline....

Here is the brief email I sent to UA and Gojet... :

I was on flight 5386 from IAD to ORF December 22, 2008. I was disgusted by the condition of the airplane that was used for this flight. As a professional pilot and former FAR 121 airline pilot I can attest to the condition that an airplane should be in when handeling passengers. A few of the items I viewed were as follows: First the carpet along the aisle was fraid and torn, both seat back pockets in my row were bulked out with garbage. There was gum and some kind of smegma stuck to the seat in front of me. The tray table looked like a science experiment with coffee food and soda stains. The window had so much head grease on it that you could not see out of the window, it looked as if you were to open your eyes underwater without goggles on. There was sticky stuff all over the seat and completly unsanitary. Prior to pushing from the gate the flight attendants made an announcement that all beverages brought on to the airplane including coffee, soda, water etc. purchased in the concourse was prohibited and had to be collected per FAA regulation (this is completly false). Upon arriving at the gate at 9;45 local, the flight attendant announced the local time as 14:30 local, then 0730 local and then after asking the passengers what time it was she announce the correct local time. I took photos of the condition of the airplane for proof of my claims.

Ya get what you pay for. UA couldn't care any less about the condition of their feeder airplanes. Same way DL allows freedom to operate for them. Its all about money and as long as fares are $99 from IAD-SEA or something any city pair along those lines, people wont complain either. Welcome back to the world of the Lowest Bidder.

My experience on Regional Feeder XYZ was the exact same way the other day. It's so common place now, it's accepted as the norm.

I am sure they will jump right on it now that you wrote to them about it. How could they not have known this? {insert sarcasm here}

Maybe the carpet was fraid of the smegma.

UAX generally is a customer service disaster from top to bottom.

Dude, all planes are more or less in this condition. Even mainline. This isn't just a GJ or regional issue. Besides, how clean should the plane you ride on be. Trains and buses seem to be no different. People have come to accept this.

Next time, bring along some Purell like I do.

Latest resources

Back