Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
so yesterday a friend and I (both pilots) rented a 52 to go putt around the skies with cause we were bored. run up all good takeoff roll nothing out of the ordinary. not soon after 500' off doing a after T.O check, the rpm's dropped to about 1700 flirting with 14-1500. leaned her out but still were only able to maintain around 2000 rpm's. able to maintain alt decided to trn around and put her down with no incidence.

nothing like a simulated faluir and i tell ya what i almost needed a new pair or underoos. when i went back to the FBO and told them that i needed to sqwak it, the stupid lady at the desk, obviously not a pilot looked at me all funny and was like are you serious?? F-her. told her i wasnt paying for it and she tol me that i would. .3 hobbs. i refused. they'll call me in a few days to tell me whats up.

quick quistion a little off topic. why do we pay off the hobbs when all the maintenance is done off tach time??

Kream926 said:
so yesterday a friend and I (both pilots) rented a 52 to go putt around the skies with cause we were bored. run up all good takeoff roll nothing out of the ordinary. not soon after 500' off doing a after T.O check, the rpm's dropped to about 1700 flirting with 14-1500. leaned her out but still were only able to maintain around 2000 rpm's. able to maintain alt decided to trn around and put her down with no incidence.

nothing like a simulated faluir and i tell ya what i almost needed a new pair or underoos. when i went back to the FBO and told them that i needed to sqwak it, the stupid lady at the desk, obviously not a pilot looked at me all funny and was like are you serious?? F-her. told her i wasnt paying for it and she tol me that i would. .3 hobbs. i refused. they'll call me in a few days to tell me whats up.

quick quistion a little off topic. why do we pay off the hobbs when all the maintenance is done off tach time??

Good job and decision to turn back!! Most companies pay of the hobbs time because they make more money.

say again said:
Good job and decision to turn back!! Most companies pay of the hobbs time because they make more money.

On a small airport, the difference runs about 15%. Because of taxi time and traffic, the percentage is higher on a larger airport.

Let us know what the problem was.
www.bdkingpress.com

Last edited:
Kream926 said:

Hobbs time starts when the power is switched on (usually). Some are on an oil pressure switch. Tach time starts when the engine is running, and runs slower at idle than at cruise power.

It's only fair, you rent it for the hour, you get charged by the hour.

The electric hobbs switches of course stop running when you turn off the master :)

Kream926 said:
F-her. told her i wasnt paying for it and she tol me that i would. .3 hobbs. i refused. they'll call me in a few days to tell me whats up.

Are YOU serious?? You can't buy that kind of experience...how do you get off thinkin' you don't have to pay for the time if you have some maint. problem in flight???....that's what all the 'simulated' training is all about, Sir. When you get to have a real one...then you wanna muck it it up with squealin' about PAYIN' for it??

I tell ya, these young kids today...

excuse me??

my inteded action for the flight was not to go around the pattern once at partial engine power

Kream926 said:
my inteded action for the flight was not to go around the pattern once at partial engine power

At the school I used to instruct at, if .5 or less was put on the hobbs and you returned for mx, it eas free of charge. Above that you were charged the full amount.

I agree this was not your intention, but it was a great experience that you gained, and that you can't put a price on!!!!!

Latest resources

Back