Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ADS

Salty Dog said:
Fresh from the AOPA facility directory as a public service to other curious ATIS voyeurs: ADS ATIS # is (972) 239-9776

It IS a 900 number!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad it's some boring guy w/info Romeo right now. Maybe later....

The sexy voice (Michelle) at ADS isn't there anymore, she's in Tulsa now. Sorry to disappoint y'all. However, one of the nicest controllers around (Stephanie) is at ADS, but her ATIS isn't as cool as when she's on local. :)

Here is another one.

SLC Clearance Delivery: "Cessna XXX, ready to copy clearance?"

Cessa XXX: (In a heavy southern twang) Yes siree, and you can give me that there clearance once REAL slow, ..... or three times fast it don't really matter to me.

I read this one on the internet somewhere......

A British Airways boeing had just landed in Frankfurt and was stopped on the taxiway for a moment. Ground control started yelling at them and wanted to know why the were stopped....

BA: "We are figuring out the taxiway"
Ground: "Haven't you ever been here before?!?"
(In a heavy british accent...)
BA: "Yeah, but it was 1942, I was flying a different type of boeing and I didn't stop"

If its true, thats a classic.

I don't know about that...

I'm in school for ATC right now, and I've got to tell you, most of the women are pretty d***ed cute. Haven't heard the worst things about myself, either.

Stephanie

Freddy Prietz(sp?) best controller I ever worked with. Retired from ATC now handles ramp tower at the D concourse at LAS. Heaviest New York accent you've ever heard, can't miss it. If you fly into LAS and park at "D" tell him hi. Anyways it was in the 70's, late at night, a PA-180 doing practice ILS 25 approaches in Vegas when a United DC-8 checks in. Freddy issues them a speed restriction, but they keep coming. A few minutes later he gives them another speed reduction to no avail. Finally, in the slowest, thickest New York accent you can imagine he says: "United, the number is 180, you can make it your airspeed or your heading, what's it going to be , Gentlemen?

aviatrix said:
AHPilot,

I'm sure that with 80 hours you haven't been around too many ATC facilities, but more often than not, there's no bombshell on the other end of that frequency. Sorry to burst your bubble......seems you really have a fascination with it!
Most weigh more than your plane!

I'm sure you have hung around in TONS of towers with your 1800 hours...**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** isn't that like, more hours than chuck yeager had?

Anyone heard the guy on JAX center who gives everyone their frequency change and then says goodbye in a different language? ...132.15. sayonara! etc...

I'm in school for ATC right now, and I've got to tell you, most of the women are pretty d***ed cute. Haven't heard the worst things about myself, either.

Ok, so we've established the cute controllers. Does me a lot of good flyin around...So where are all the cute lady instructors?

Re: I don't know about that...

Ravengirl said:

Stephanie

I don't mean to be disrespectful ma'am, but you're sort of opening the door to being hit on buy a bunch of pilots.... all I'll say is be careful what you wish for. :)

TAMPA.......

If ya'll are wondering who the famous Tampa controller is, his name is Billy Burns I believe.

"United twelve seventy-four good day to ya but standby, november four fivah three go ahead sir, this is class bravo service here to serve you." -BB

Just tell him in the same voice "ya do good work etc..." and he'll go nuts.

Speaking of funny florida controllers....how about up @ Jax App....anyone know Aloha Bob?? "areeebaderche' etc... His buddy Shawn Fields is a riot too.

--T-hawk

P.S. Who all flies in Tampa?

Latest resources

Back