My favorate thing to say on the radio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She's very married. Sorry.

Im sure you guys have heard that electronic ATIS voice at some airports. Last year in PIT after the Steelers lost to the Patriots, he spewed out the ATIS and at the end of it it said "Congratulations New England Patriots, you suck". Funny as all get out. Anybody else hear that?

AHPilot,

I'm sure that with 80 hours you haven't been around too many ATC facilities, but more often than not, there's no bombshell on the other end of that frequency. Sorry to burst your bubble......seems you really have a fascination with it!
Most weigh more than your plane!

I think most Air Willy and Skyway guys know "Roger" who works Chicago Center. Not only does he know everybody, but he can give you a vector to an airport 150 miles away and hit it right on the money. We need more like him.

-Toledo approach...late night...y'all know who I'm talkin' 'bout.
Oh yeah! I get all flustered everytime I try to talk to her on the radio. Gotta be THE sexiest voice I've ever heard. And she'll play along with pretty much anything

Gotta be talking about "Breathless" Rooooggggeeerr! "Can you make it can you make it" She asks. "Sure, we say" and she whispers " Coooool"...

Wakes you UP at 0300!

ILLINI said:
I once heard the girl at Addison, TX reading the ATIS and she described a crane near the airport as "a crane on the north end of the airport standing 85 feet ERECT!" in her sexiest 900 voice. Everyone was laughiing as they were reporting that they had the current ATIS.
My little brother used to instruct at Addison...he said they referred to this gal as "1-900-HOT-ATIS." Don't know what she looks like...and maybe I don't want to know. I've got a pretty entertaining picture in my head...hate to spoil it.

I'm ashamed to admit I said this one day:

Comair: "Tower, Comair ___, we're still hanging out into the runway. Can you have the Fokker in front of us move up a little?"

Me: "Which fokker, the one in the M-D-Eighty of the one in the F-One-Hundred?"

[All together now: groan!]

I am flying to ADS on Tuesday, I hope she is working that day... I don't want to know what she looks like, my imagination does just fine. I also love talking with the gals on Shaw Approach over SC, they sound so young and cute.

BTW, I have heard Mr Atis in MIA... I answered my freq switch with a pretty good impression of him anyway the CPT thought it was funny.

once upon a time @ DWH while practicing touch and goes , this one particular 152 was @ 1400' so the tower says
cessna XXXX------------------say altitude
so the cessan comes back------ " altitude "

cessna XXXX------------------ say altitude
so the cessan comes back again ------ " altitude "

this goes on a few times then the controller i t asks the guy to read the altimeter and tell him his height
man that was so funny .

Mr ATIS

To get Mr ATIS to mess up, you ask him to repeat a heading or altitude, he will come back in a normal voice, I cant help but have a big grin on my face when I am in his sector.

BTW, he is also a very good controller.

Fresh from the AOPA facility directory as a public service to other curious ATIS voyeurs: ADS ATIS # is (972) 239-9776

It IS a 900 number!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad it's some boring guy w/info Romeo right now. Maybe later....

Roger...

Birddog,

You stole my thunder with your last post - I'm reading what everyone has said and thinking "There's got to be someone who knows "Roger" from Chicago Center!"

We do indeed need more like him. Here's something funny I heard about a month ago:

(roger at Chicago Center): "Skywayex xxxx, welcome aboard, oshkosh altimer xx.xx"

"Midex xxx, good morning..."

etc etc... - anyway, just about everyone he talked to asked him a question, how his kids were, etc etc...

Anyways, after every pilot who checked on had a small conversation with Roger, a Mesaba pilot out of nowhere says "Hey, Chicago, do you know _everyone_ up here?"

Roger says "Well, almost."

Mesaba says "That's pretty cool!"

Put a smile on the Captain's face, mine too :)

Take care,
-Brew3

Latest resources

Back