More planes for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When?...

What possible reason is there for the lack of communication??

Our MEC has been trying to take the higher road and not air dirty laundry in public....I disagree with that position, but it is their position...

I would prefer to get everything out in the open....

Nevets, didn't want to quote your whole post for a short quote from it. But realize our PBS does NOT force everyone to the same threshold. The Co. publishes one as a estimate for a line but it uses our personal set threshold or the window minimum to create a line. My lines have been complete at 56 hours of block and times at 108 hours of credit. All depending on vacation or how much I choose to work. As far as unstacking, it's only happened a couple of times in the 24 months of bidding. And it is usually seat and/or aircraft specific so you have really low odds unless you a real junior lineholder in a vacation month. In which case you would probably end up working on the unstack days anyways. And what is this sort bias?

Just curious, what is it you guys have against Flightline? Not, what makes Smartpref better, but simply what do you see wrong with FL?

From our MECs research flight line, as it exist now, would be a decrease to our QOL. They said that with improved work rules, flight line may be able to maintain our QOL but seeing that management doesn't like flight line in its current state and that they want to get rid if one of its best feature, vacation low, it was suggested that smartpref (which could maintain our QOL with existing work rules), should be pursued. I guess we can stick with flight line and use up negotiating capital in other parts of the contract to make it so that its not a decrease in our QOL but then the overall contract may be concessionary.

Our MEC has been trying to take the higher road and not air dirty laundry in public....I disagree with that position, but it is their position...

I would prefer to get everything out in the open....

Or they have something to hide?

I have no dog in this fight, but it's true. Nevets just keeps repeating himself over and over like a trained parrot. How embarrassing.

Let Oakum Boy be, in a couple years when he's sitting ready reserve in ATL while we're lineholders at mainline flying transcon 1 or 2 leg a day trips he'll have plenty of time to reflect on "what could have been":D

Lol. Or you could end up on reserve on the -88 doing 5 leg days to the same places you currently fly to.

At this point I'm siding with the XJT guys but I'm sure I'll be in the minority. You think we would have learned after Jerry sent our 17 900s to Skywest in 2007. I know we are emotionally attached to Flightline due to sending so much time implementing it, but so is XJT to their line bidding system and they are willing to let it go.

Anyways, my parents always told me if you don't hear you will feel. When Eagle and UAX CRJ900s start being placed on on the XJT side maybe the ASA MEC will open their eyes. Look up guys, because the "hammer" was never above XJT, it's above us

why don't you apply to LXJT 777, with your "the sky is falling" nonsense, we'll see what LXJT is made of when they bid rates for the bigger RJs, and it wouldn't be suprising if they cave with lower rates than LASA, so be it then as the race to the bottom continues

why don't you apply to LXJT 777, with your "the sky is falling" nonsense, we'll see what LXJT is made of when they bid rates for the bigger RJs, and it wouldn't be suprising if they cave with lower rates than LASA, so be it then as the race to the bottom continues

I don't think you've heard Freebrd: Jerry doesn't play games. ;)

Nevets, you say smartperf will maintain your qol... What specifically are you referring to?

Not talking award logic or globalization...what area of your qol do smartperf save that flightline doesn't?

Not being confrontational. Really trying to understand. I know there is a difference in award logic. I get that.

But from what I have gathered, we are talking minor differences??? So a senior guys has to overnight in OMA when he really wanted LIT? And someone junior got LIT because it worked better for an overall solution for everyone? Is this the kind of stuff we are talking about?

I understand the principle behind a senior person should get what he wants...but I have a hard time understanding the qol argument (from both sides). This is not exactly the type of qol items I am looking for.

What is it, in your qol, that smartperf is saving?

I have no dog in this fight, but it's true. Nevets just keeps repeating himself over and over like a trained parrot. How embarrassing.

If you ask the same question over and over, a lie will change. The truth will be repeated.

It's funny because I was thinking the same thing. But the fact is that I kept getting asked the same question over and over again, what is it you don't like about flight line, what is so good about live bidding, why do you want to use an unproven system, why do you want globalization, etc. So I just keep answering the same questions over and over again. I don't know why they don't accept my same answers over and over again. Why do they have to keep asking the same questions over and over again? Should I just make up something different just to see of they will stop asking the same questions over and over again? It's almost like they've been given these talking point questions.

Latest resources

Back