• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More planes for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't because your product continues to crash. If you had a product that was proven and has been in service then maybe someone could do a run.

I wish I had more time to give to this thread but I'm pretty busy right now. However the system is not crashing. Issues that we're having mostly involve the files coming from the company and their format. The system has not "crashed" at all.

I wish I had more time to give to this thread but I'm pretty busy right now. However the system is not crashing. Issues that we're having mostly involve the files coming from the company and their format. The system has not "crashed" at all.

this is why we stress... use what we have, just tweak it. we know all the end arounds that the company uses and have plugged the holes... lets not start over

YOU should care where the growth is, and ISN'T! The house is on fire, and we're standing being outrageously demanding on both sides of the house. The funny thing is, nobody seems to think they are the ones in trouble. The reality is we're all in deep $hit! United AND Delta want the same thing- pressure on us for the lowest block hour rate possible. Both sides are going to shrink and take a beating here.

You speak as if your longevity at this company provides you a status above this. What do you expect to happen if things tank here, and you start sliding backwards. This IS going to happen for you..............WAKE UP!

And what do you propose we do. Volunteer for concessions? Go to work for free every-other month? What?

Unless we take huge concessions, we'll never be GoJet or Pinnacle. It just can't be done, so why sacrifice our bidding system in hopes of lowering our block-hour costs to those levels. Not going to help.

PrefBid will give me a better schedule because it honors seniority. SmartPref globalizes and will give me one or more trips that the "approximate logic" chooses.

My MEC did their homework and picked the best PBS several years ago. Two years of bidding and a happy pilot group is my proof. What's yours?

SmartPref has NO negotiated rules to protect your pilots. Quit your childish personal attacks. It's evidence that you can't address the issues. The more you post, the more apparent it becomes that you lack any meaningful knowledge. You are just parroting what someone else has told you. The sad part, is if you ever find out what the globalization will do to you, it wll be too late. For testimonials, ask a Continental Pilot or a SkyWest pilot about Globalization. Results cannot be explained.

Give the link to the system rules. You can't because there are none. SmartPref is no better than what the Continental Pilots are using. It's marketing spin is false.

There is no such thing as live bidding, and there is not one PBS that can make the claim. The GUI is Fool's Gold. What you see will constantly change through the bidding process. In the last hours of bidding, with the high volume of activity, your representative schedule will go through a metamorphosis. SmartPref will not be able to give accurate information the last few hours because it will bogg down and the award engine will not be able to keep up with the high volume of bidder input.

How does pref bid honor seniority when it forces everyone into the same threshold? Sort bias? Unstacking? The only difference is that pref bid does it with manual intervention to EVERYBODY and not just the bottom restricted group like smartpref does.

Your mec didn't really do any real homework on this. The white paper proves it by stating things that obviously don't apply to smartpref because its different. If they would have done actual test with actual pairing and actual rules, they would know that talking about bid sheets is irrelevant.

And of course it has no negotiated work rules. Your mec sets ultimatums and therefore the jnc cannot even begin to think about scheduling work rules. And they've turned down the dual track idea as well.

If you would have read what I said earlier in the post, live bidding is much more than knowing what line you will get. Its more about seeing if you bid correctly, if you are senior enough for weekends off or just Saturdays off, figuring out that there are not enough commutable trips that start on Tuesday and thing seeing that there are on Mondays, all BEFORE your line is final. If that is not valuable to you, then no one forces you to use the live bidding feature! As for the GUI, I rather use a visual system than be a computer programmer.

I honestly don't know why you are targeting things about smartpref that can only be benefits or at the very worst, can be ignored by the end user. Unless you have a hidden agenda?

As for hearsay, unless you tell us that your name is someone on the negotiating, scheduling, or MEC, you are just repeating what you hear.

been saying from day 1. When the bid window opens live budding will be operational but useless. then at the end when people make changes or bid for first time your live bidding is even more worthless. the only people that think it is a big deal are ones that have never used any PBS. every time someone talks about this option they lose credibility because, as stated above, it truly is fools gold

See above, live bidding is so much more than about seeing what your supposed line will be. And if its still worthless to the end user, they are not forced to pay attention to it.

this is why we stress... use what we have, just tweak it. we know all the end arounds that the company uses and have plugged the holes... lets not start over

But we all know that flight line will not be the same. It will have all new scheduling rules AND it wont even exist with the best thing about it if management has its way, vacation low. Anyway, he was referring to the company using end around or taking advantage of loopholes. Just normal integration teething problems that are getting work out right NOW before it would be used in a joint contract. It'll probably be 2 years before it would go live going off of current pace of negotiations. You guys will not be guinea pigs.

Last edited:
Nevets, didn't want to quote your whole post for a short quote from it. But realize our PBS does NOT force everyone to the same threshold. The Co. publishes one as a estimate for a line but it uses our personal set threshold or the window minimum to create a line. My lines have been complete at 56 hours of block and times at 108 hours of credit. All depending on vacation or how much I choose to work. As far as unstacking, it's only happened a couple of times in the 24 months of bidding. And it is usually seat and/or aircraft specific so you have really low odds unless you a real junior lineholder in a vacation month. In which case you would probably end up working on the unstack days anyways. And what is this sort bias?

Just curious, what is it you guys have against Flightline? Not, what makes Smartpref better, but simply what do you see wrong with FL?

How does pref bid honor seniority when it forces everyone into the same threshold?

It doesn't. I've had very low credit/low block hour months while other pilots have had very high credit/high block hour months....Maybe you don't really understand our system....

Apparently this is what happened behind the scenes:

Joe, the XJT MEC has said Flightline will not work for us, but we are willing to discuss ANY OTHER SYSTEM. ASA has said no. The company has said costs have gone up with flightline from even the line bidding days, they are willing to move forward with ANY OTHER PBS SYSTEM. ASA guys have said no. When ALPA national came down and put our MEC in one room and yours in another, they asked the ASA guys if they were willing to lose RFPs and possible growth oportunities if it meant standing their ground on flightline, their answer was YES. ALPA national reported back to the company saying there was nothing more to talk about, both sides stopped talking, the company requested we open up section 26 for new pay rates for larger aircraft. That IS what happened. What have I missed? What "record" needs to be "set straight"?

Very interesting that ALPA National was involved.

Apparently this is what happened behind the scenes:

Very interesting that ALPA National was involved.

That is the XJT version of what happened....There is another side to this story that isn't being told, but that will be told soon...

The XJT MEC is blowing sunshine up your tailpipe....

Ok, where is the other side of the story? I think the grunts (those that pay both MEC's) would like to know what is going on.

That is the XJT version of what happened....There is another side to this story that isn't being told, but that will be told soon...

The XJT MEC is blowing sunshine up your tailpipe....

When?...

What possible reason is there for the lack of communication??

Latest resources

Back