• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More planes for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just write this junk into the filghtline software. Why bring in this POS. Why? Ask yourself. Why. Give me ONE good reason other than your MEC says it the best.

If it's so good, why are you volunteering to be the guinea pig. The laboratory mouse. Why.

Flightline is a quality system. It honors seniority. ACEY PEOPLE WAKE UP

Because, apparently, after our MEC ran flightline with real pairings and with real work rules, the conclusion is that it would be a decrease to our quality of life. They said that it may be acceptable with a lot of work rule changes and with management wanting to worsen the work rules, it would take a lot of negotiating capital in order to just maintain our QOL, much less the cost of that in other parts of the contract.

We did not volunteer for anything. Management was going to use PBS for phase 2. Our MEC asked them to use smartpref because it's what they felt was going to be the only PBS with the possibility to maintain our existing QOL. You won't be the guinea pig, we are. If its as bad as you think it's going to be, we won't want it. So just relax and at least educate yourself.

Also, my understanding is that flight line may honor seniority but at the expense of socializing everyone's lines.

Yup, its being hidden by our MEC. The information was in the white paper along with everyone being told to go watch videos, bid, etc here.

http://www.crewingsolutions.com/

The XJT guys accuse our MEC of hiding things from us yet it all seems to be there for those willing o either read or click on a website and spend sometime watching videos.

A year late (literally) and a dollar short. That version of smartpref is generic with no work rules. Your MEC still refuses to use real pairings with real work rules. In fact, I believe they haven't run ANY pairings with smartpref. But keep up the flight line or no merger ultimatum and we will all find out what happens.

Last edited:
Talked with DC about this. Seems they have quite a few runs from EWR using YOUR pairings. You speculate like you have facts about what happens in our MEC. Somehow I don't think you have the whole story. On second thought, I have to wonder why you continue to look to keep us divided. That is all you keep trying to do here. Why?

I think he meant that, like any PBS, it's about work rules. It needs to have flexibility for the award logic to work efficiently but not so much so that it turns into CAL's system. For example, if we had a work rule that required it to solve to zero open time, you have taken some of the flexibility away and will end up with worse lines. But on the other hand, you also want to have as high as a credit value you can negotiate, assigned to vacation and training, as possible also.

As for line averages, you can set it up to give you maximum line value, up to the contractual or legal limit, or you can have it build you a line down to MMG. Of course it depends on your seniority and what the line average of those more senior to you have compared to how much open time it needs to cover with everyone below you in seniority.

Lastly, if you don't want to "worry" about your bid, you can just take your whatever time it takes you to bid, see in real time if you made any mistakes or you bid something your seniority could hold, and be done with it. No need to come back to it later. You can just wait until your line is final as you do now.

I am sure it works well as you guys wouldn't have chosen it, if it didn't. I am just trying to get a grasp of it. As far as the MECs go, I don't know yours so I cn't speak of them. But to all the other LASA guys, do you really trust our MEC either. We may like Flightline that they chose for use but we didn't individually see anything else. And they DO a lot of other sneaky crap over there. The ASA MEC is a club and they protect their own. Regardless of PBS system, its time for new people. These guys have been in way too long.

Talked with DC about this. Seems they have quite a few runs from EWR using YOUR pairings. You speculate like you have facts about what happens in our MEC. Somehow I don't think you have the whole story. On second thought, I have to wonder why you continue to look to keep us divided. That is all you keep trying to do here. Why?

That's news to me. Has it occurred to you that maybe now that your MEC is under some pressure from managements counter to their ultimatum, that they've actually started to try to cover themselves for not looking into this a year ago? I mean, it took them long enough to write their white paper. And they did that before they ran any pairings with smartpref.

I'm not trying to keep us divided. On the contrary. I've been trying to tell you guys the truth so that you can actually find out what's going on on your MEC. It's too bad it took management no longer playing softball to wake some of you guys up.

I'm sorry... The web site doesn't list any airline that is currently using it for actual line bidding. Why is that? Why is there no airline that can be contacted to give a true, factual, actual first hand review of the way this product works by an entire pilot group?

It's like buying a car. You can read the brochure or look at it online, and buy the car OR you can read reviews by people, which are independent participants, that have test driven the actual completed product. Which is smarter.

I'm sorry... The web site doesn't list any airline that is currently using it for actual line bidding. Why is that? Why is there no airline that can be contacted to give a true, factual, actual first hand review of the way this product works by an entire pilot group?

It's like buying a car. You can read the brochure or look at it online, and buy the car OR you can read reviews by people, which are independent participants, that have test driven the actual completed product. Which is smarter.

If that's your motto I guess you would turn down someone giving you a 2013 Corvette. No one in the general population has driven it, so it must be bad. No one has SmartPref because it is a "new" product. It's not everyday that pilot groups change bidding systems. In this case, this "new" product might have worked out kinks from other bidding systems and added some new useful features, but you are not willing to consider it because you love your "old model."

Pot meet kettle.

Seems like you operate like your MEC, using the website as the extent of your research.;) Like I said, keep your flight line or no merger ultimatum. We will all see what happens. And I can guess that it won't be good for either group and it would definitely be worse than just going with smartpref.

Flightline is a quality system. It honors seniority. ACEY PEOPLE WAKE UP

Even though there's L-ASA pilots that ACTUALLY know how it's operated and will say the opposite of your statement above?

As well as globalization happens, although it's just manually done?

If that's your motto I guess you would turn down someone giving you a 2013 Corvette. No one in the general population has driven it, so it must be bad. No one has SmartPref because it is a "new" product. It's not everyday that pilot groups change bidding systems. In this case, this "new" product might have worked out kinks from other bidding systems and added some new useful features, but you are not willing to consider it because you love your "old model."

You might want to check the Chevrolet web site. There is a 2013 Corvette and it has been driven by the public since last year. The 2014 has not been built yet.

I would take a 2014 Corvette because they, GM, Sir have proven to me with prior years of happy customers. Smart Pref has none and still has a unproven product. Your smart pref is not a corvette.

Your "model" isn't a complete model. It's still in development.

Latest resources

Back