• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More latter day saint squid tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's no different at the majors. Many pilots at United, Delta, and American absolutely hate their jobs and the company they work for, and want to kill themselves (mostly with alcohol). The difference is they usually get paid more for being miserable. Pick your poison

It's definitely the major league. The problem is we have the Houston Astros management and payroll. What we would like is the New York Yankees management and payroll.

It's definitely the major league. The problem is we have the Houston Astros management and payroll. What we would like is the New York Yankees management and payroll.

We don't even have that. We have the soccer mom that manages junior's tee ball team running the show coupled with an overzealous little league soccer coach (thats you XPOO) on a power trip.

We don't even have that. We have the soccer mom that manages junior's tee ball team running the show coupled with an overzealous little league soccer coach (thats you XPOO) on a power trip.

You have described every regional front office that ever was. The only way to get to the top at any regional is knee pads and bloodlines, skills mean very little, in fact the ability to get to work every day is the baseline.
Anybody who lives in a backwater town in he middle of the desert and says "they like" it is either a meth cook or retarded.
Take your pick......

You have to submit an application just like everyone else. Here, you can start from the bottom and work your way up. Also, now you'll know who is responsible for all those aircraft swaps.

https://re2o.ultipro.com/sky1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*0099E69B421F58C5

Are you really unable to understand the point of my post? If we just are glorified bus drivers, then what does that make a person who is required to do $h!t for that glorified bus driver? Get it now or do you need me to draw you pictures?

ASAPs dont sweep everything under the rug.

No, but a real ASAP program does prevent certificate action. You can thank ALPA for that by the way.

And for Freebrd, a major airline is defined as an airline whose operating revenue exceeds $1 billion per annum. I believe SkyWest fits that mold.

You do realize that Skywest's revenue are not indicative of their "real" revenue, right?

US Airways mainline does 1300 flights a day. Alaska does 800 flights a day. SkyWest does 1900 flights a day. Plus SkyWest flies to some of the most technical cities in the US. ASE, EGE, MMH, SUN, JAC, BTM, COD, CMX to name a few.

Is that new or old koolaid? Honestly, does these statistics make you feel better about yourself? If it is, then where are all the technical cities in Mexico, Canada, or the Caribbean?

Last edited:
. Plus SkyWest flies to some of the most technical cities in the US. ASE, EGE, MMH, SUN, JAC, BTM, COD, CMX to name a few.

Are you "Aspen Qualified" to do all the grunt work for those flights from your 3x5 cage Chip keeps you in in St George? He treats you like a mushroom, keeps you in the dark and feeds you sh*^.

a major airline is defined as an airline whose operating revenue exceeds $1 billion per annum.]

Nah a Major airline is defined by being on the Majors board on FI, not on the Regional board like SKYW.
:beer:

Amazing how people love to hate. Funny how I have 0 hatred towards other airlines. Especially not the Expressjet side of the house! No Delta here, but till then very happy at OO. I was fortunate enough to get hired at republic and Skywest in the same week, SkyWest was my first choice (plus all my friends at republic advised strongly against going there) so went with my first choice. Then again, it's FI so we are supposed to be miserable I guess just like evey other regional pilot out there. Sad part is, all bitter people working for regionals today will be bitter 777 reserves in 20 years. After a couple of years ill take SkyWest any day over <insert your regional here>. For what's it worth our ASE dx is very capable, I am very happy they look over our shoulders.

Flame away.

Last edited:
Just to clarify on the ASAP excuse... Skywest has only had ONE ASAP non-sole source report from dispatch in 6 years... I think thats pretty damn good!

Is that new or old koolaid? Honestly, does these statistics make you feel better about yourself? If it is, then where are all the technical cities in Mexico, Canada, or the Caribbean?

Dont know if you would really call them technical but:
CYEG
CYLW
CYQR
CYQT
CYWG
CYVR
CYXU
CYYC
CYYJ
CYYZ
MMDO
MMGL
MMMY
MMPR
MMSD
Plus about 5 more mexico to come on-line this month.
MYNN

Latest resources

Back