• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Hostages at AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yah well...only your pax suffer from this, and the fellow pilots behind you in the line up..fly the mission first, sort out the b.s. later...

That is what this pilot group has been doing for 5 years. And that has resulted in management taking huge bonuses and us getting squat. And I have seen nothing illegal being done by our pilot group. Actually the opposite, they are much more legal flying airplanes without any mx items at safe speeds. I would say we are much safer because I no longer see the rush rush rush at any cost to get the flight out on time. And our management thinks this is a job action instead of trying to keep our passengers safe. I sure hope we take this to the media.

So, I guess they'll be hiring and upgrading now? General Lee, now's your chance.

They will get there jobs back with back pay when this contract issue is finally over with!!! It will be part of the TA theyl sign off on saying that the 5 pilots be rehired with same seniority

Mx items no problem there, but excruciatingly slow taxi speeds is another...good luck guys...

Actually, that will make 6.

Me and DL are #'s 1 and 2. Sep 18th will mark the 2 year anniversary of our termination dates, with Arbitrations scheduled sometime in Nov/Dec (haven't received the exact date back yet), with a ruling 90-180 days after that. It'll likely be close to 3 years total time out before this is resolved and we're back online.

Our first officer who was suspended for dropping his kids off at the circus in PARTIAL uniform ON HIS WAY TO WORK and staying for 20-30 minutes before he had to leave to make his show time is #3.

Our two newest are #'s 4 and 5, and are HIGHLY active union officials, amusingly enough on the SAFETY committee, and fired for doing their job in the safest way possible. Funny, I thought SAFETY was our company's #1 operations priority...

The next one that will allegedly get his termination letter today is #6, IF that happens. There's nothing official about this rumor, but it matches with what has been going on with the other hostages. Rumor also has it the company is also grumbling about several more hostages to come, including a couple MEC officials to go with it, in the next 30 days if the pilots don't back down. It's a game of Brinkmanship now... who's going to blink first?

Anyone who didn't see this coming hasn't been paying attention. The most openly-hostile management group in the industry today, with their ex-Eastern backgrounds and 10 years of anti-labor rulings from bankruptcy courts, and you thought they were just going to roll over and give us a decent contract and stop using fear and intimidation tactics to rule the pilot group? Things will get worse before they get better.

All the pilots out right now SHOULD be covered by ALPA's Section 60.M Flight Pay Loss since all of us were actively serving in appointed committee positions and it's known there is NO legal basis for our terminations. But the next group of guys they go after may not be.

Ugly is the best word to describe an AirTran career right now. Low wages, constant contract reinterpretation, status quo violations, long contract mediation, no pay raises, and management threats and hostile work environment. Many who came here thought this was going to be the next Southwest... joke's on us.

Last edited:
Is "herr-mann the Gerrrmann still there??

Listen all this slow down and picketing is cool because it gives all of us a warm and fuzzy feeling, but it is just time to get a strike vote going and get released. And don't give me this we can't get released until the spring bs.

Latest resources

Back