More Hostages at AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's official.

MEC was suspended today. Not that they were flying anyway, 2 of the three were on full-time buy for negotiations anyway, but it's an important line that's now been crossed by the company.

Patiently waiting for the nuclear offensive option to begin... ok, not so patiently. Why can't our management be more like JB's and just do the right thing to begin with when it becomes obvious that it's needed? eh... *sigh*

Gentlemen, I am very frustrated for you and I hope this gets resovled soon. I hadn't been on the message boards recently and had NO idea what was going down over there.

As far as our JB mgmt. Yes, they are doing "good" thing with a fairly healthy raise coming...they dodged a huge bullet last Feb with our unsucessful union vote. But, some damage may be non-repairable with the pilot group. This plan they (mgmt) are doing now should've happened in '08. A union WILL be here some day...hopefully for the right reasons.

Good luck fellas.

It's official.

MEC was suspended today. Not that they were flying anyway, 2 of the three were on full-time buy for negotiations anyway, but it's an important line that's now been crossed by the company.

Patiently waiting for the nuclear offensive option to begin... ok, not so patiently. Why can't our management be more like JB's and just do the right thing to begin with when it becomes obvious that it's needed? eh... *sigh*

Sounding a little soft there Lear,

I hold you to a higher degree of understanding. You know that when it's all said and done, there's no room for feelings when dealing with most management teams. It's about the bottom line. It's all about the money. It's only a business to them.

They will do whatever is legally at their disposal to protect that bottom line, period. Pilots are nothing but a commodity/liability in their views. A part of the business that needs to be controlled to some degree in order to keep its costs down.

As such, we as pilots need to treat this situation the same way they do. As a business and about our bottom lines. No feelings, simply shrewd and smart legal tactics to accomplish our goals. Up to and including a strike if necessary. That's the only language they understand because that's the only way we affect their bottom lines.

Sorry Lear, couldn't help it....apologies in advance.

Sounding a little soft there Lear,

I hold you to a higher degree of understanding. You know that when it's all said and done, there's no room for feelings when dealing with most management teams. It's about the bottom line. It's all about the money. It's only a business to them.

They will do whatever is legally at their disposal to protect that bottom line, period. Pilots are nothing but a commodity/liability in their views. A part of the business that needs to be controlled to some degree in order to keep its costs down.

As such, we as pilots need to treat this situation the same way they do. As a business and about our bottom lines. No feelings, simply shrewd and smart legal tactics to accomplish our goals. Up to and including a strike if necessary. That's the only language they understand because that's the only way we affect their bottom lines.

Sorry Lear, couldn't help it....apologies in advance.
You didn't offend me, no worries, buddy. :)

I understand that it's all a business decision to them, but it's a POOR business decision, in the LONG RUN, to so badly alienate your pilot base that, when the dust settles, it'll take YEARS to win back their good will, and some will NEVER forget it, aka the 8 and counting contract hostages, their families, and their friends.

And yeah, I'm feeling a little beat up. It'll be almost 3 YEARS before I get through the arbitration process with a decision, and they have already admitted to the Georgia Worker's Compensation courts that their basis for terminating me was incorrect, have no reason to hold me out, but *STILL* refuse to reinstate me, and won't give a reason why, even after I served them certified mail with two letters, one requesting my record cleared of the termination letter they know is false per the PRIA of 1996 (it's illegal to maintain a known false document in a PRIA file), and one directly to Fornaro himself politely but firmly requesting my job back; almost like they're DELIBERATELY provoking me to sue them by leaving me no alternative.

After everything that's happened as a result of their actions, you can bet I'd like nothing more than to have a less hostile management group, come to work, do my job, collect a paycheck worthy of my time, and GO HOME.

I know that the only way to get that kind of PROFESSIONAL treatment is to fight for it but, call me silly, after watching other airlines that aren't NEARLY this militant with their employees, I know there's a better way of doing business.

Oh, and by the way, just so you know I haven't gone COMPLETELY soft, here's the other part of that quote I wrote above:

Patiently waiting for the nuclear offensive option to begin... ok, not so patiently.
;)

huh? Airtran doesn't have ETOPS.

You're correct; we operate under a waiver to operate up to 162nm from shore, within specific corridors. What is specifically called for to be operating, in order to operate under this waiver, well . . . it's not something that is ordinarily encountered, or typical . . . I'd have to check the Ops Specs, AOM, FOM, and probably a bazillion bulletins. The point I was trying to make is that there are many factors that have to be considered, and we may not have all of the information to know why someone refused an aircraft . . . . and that we should refrain from rendering judgment on their actions until the facts are known.

Latest resources

Back