• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we may lose some platinum medalian fliers (NJA pilots), but we will make it up with people that used to have Netjet Shares and now fly the airlines.
Yeah right... Keep dreaming.

NetJets has something Delta doesn't. Brand loyalty with the owners (or pax in your case). Delta is a commodity like bottles of water or popcorn. Your passengers fly the lowest fare. Not so with NetJets.

True Gret, but if you take the time to read what he wrote, it's right on. GL won't bother because he is an idiot.

I have a unique perspective on this as I was a Delta 767ER Capt until late 2007 when I was forced to retire. I work for NJ now (until Jan 16). There are a few like the Gen at Delta (and most other carriers, I suspect). Thankfully, they are in the minority. They think they got to Delta because they were better than everyone else. In reality, Delta made a mistake hiring them.

Helm

You are being let go becuase you are junior. That's it. You were senior at DL and probably never felt that pressure, and now you are on the other side of it. It sucks, but your business model is broken. So, did you have a choice to take your pension and run prior to BK? If you retired in 07 due to age 60, you could have left earlier (3 years?) and taken your lump sum pension? Why didn't you do that? Did you have to hang on to the DL job? Oh, you were one of THOSE guys..... Had you gone to Netjets 3 years earlier, you might not be in the situation you are in now. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not really. Middle managers who used to fly day trips on you guys are now using us again. Only the top guys and very rich are flying fractionals now. You know I am right.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not really. Middle managers who used to fly day trips on you guys are now using us again. Only the top guys and very rich are flying fractionals now. You know I am right.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Actually, I'd guess that 80% of my trips are the very people you describe. I know you are wrong.

NetJets has something Delta doesn't. Brand loyalty with the owners (or pax in your case). Delta is a commodity like bottles of water or popcorn. Your passengers fly the lowest fare. Not so with NetJets.

Loyalty? You mean like the 25 million sky miles members? We offer a product like you do, which is better than others. We may not be as "exclusive", but we also have business model that seems to be working now, and you are about to get a nice "shakedown." Sad but true.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, I'd guess that 80% of my trips are the very people you describe. I know you are wrong.

What I love is that you get to start and end your trips as a passenger on an airliner. No exclusiveness for you, nope. You get TSA security, and a middle seat to top it off. Gawd that must suck. I don't even do that, I sit in the cockpit, fly to Europe and back, and then go home in ATL. Pretty nice...........

And, you are losing passengers every day. You just cancelled your Hawker order, and you are parking fleets like the Encore. But hey, maybe everything is GREAT where you are....?????

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's amazing the level of expertise that the General attains from reading two opinion articles. :)

It's amazing the level of expertise that the General attains from reading two opinion articles. :)

Oh yeah, forget what I said then, I must have heard it all wrong. Nothing is wrong at Netjets. Heck, you are expanding and hiring...right? Oh wait, that was a couple years ago...

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, you are correct in that a furlough is coming. However, your assertions that crewmembers eating salmon crew meals being part of the problem, and the parking of the Encore fleet being indicative of losing owners every day, are simply your way of showing you really have no idea how the fractional business works. But hey, you read an article on NetJets, you must be an expert on the fractional biz, just like every other aviation segment that you read an article on. How's that Popeye's on Concourse C by the way?

What I love is that you get to start and end your trips as a passenger on an airliner. No exclusiveness for you, nope. You get TSA security, and a middle seat to top it off. Gawd that must suck. I don't even do that, I sit in the cockpit, fly to Europe and back, and then go home in ATL. Pretty nice...........

And, you are losing passengers every day. You just cancelled your Hawker order, and you are parking fleets like the Encore. But hey, maybe everything is GREAT where you are....?????

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ha ha ha!!! But you have to live in ATL or start and end your trip in a middle seat if there happens to be one available. We, on the other hand, can live in a NICE place and airline to work on duty, often in first class.

Latest resources

Back