Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aerohawk said:
The only thing i can say about express jet and the 69 planes, is that they wont be flying in midwest colors any time soon. Express jets cost are way to high to win any more bids

blah blah blah blah. And you've apparently seen XJT's books and AWAC's books? Truth is who knows. I wouldn't think AWAC's cost are much lower if any than XJT's so therefore they won't be winning any bidding wars either. Last time I looked both XJT and AWAC had some of the higher pay scales in the 50 seat industry. In fact I commend the AWAC guys for not lowering the bar despite some difficult circumstances over the past few years. If either XJT or AWAC gets the Midwest flying it surely won't be because they won a bidding war. It doesn't seem that Midwest is looking for the cheapest option.

Last edited:
aerohawk said:
The only thing i can say about express jet and the 69 planes, is that they wont be flying in midwest colors any time soon. Express jets cost are way to high to win any more bids

Any MORE bids? What bid have they ever won? They got the 274 planes they have now when they were a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental. They couldn't even win the bid to keep their own flying.

How are you so sure that XJET's costs are so much higher than AWAC's? Any proof to back that up or are you just talking out your @ss?

Alchemy said:
Any MORE bids? What bid have they ever won? They got the 274 planes they have now when they were a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental. They couldn't even win the bid to keep their own flying.

How are you so sure that XJET's costs are so much higher than AWAC's? Any proof to back that up or are you just talking out your @ss?

Alchemy, don't pay any attention to this guy. Do a search and you'll find out that he said the following on 5/8/06...

"The only thing I have to say is this. XJT would not still be hiring if they were intending to furload at the end of the year due to 69 planes not flying. XJT is here to make money like everyone else, and it would be stupid for them to pay for guys to go threw training and then lay them off. Cause if that happened too me then I would be gone looking for another job as soon as I got my papers, and XJT would be out money."

and on 5/13/06...

"Speaking of new hire classes, i have an interview coming up. Anyone have any tips for me. I realy want to work here."

That was well after the 69 airplane announcement and that didn't seem to bother him about his upcoming interview right? Perhaps he wanted to go elsewhere or perhaps the interview didn't work out so well. By the way what's a furload and how can I go "threw" training?

Last edited:
Alchemy said:
Does AWAC have financed airframes sitting around somewhere that they could use for this? Wouldn't they either need to acquire some ex Indy planes that are sitting in the desert or transfer airframes from the USAirways Express operation?

That's really the only benefit I could see that Expressjet has going for it....the airframes and flight crews will be readily available by the end of 1Q07. Expressjet should also be making someone a fairly good deal, as they will be in dire straits if they don't find a home for those airplanes within the next few months.

Admittedly, this CEO deal looks good for AWAC, but it's all just speculation obviously.

No extra airframes sitting around (that we know of anyways) but this would be a great way to move some of the 50's to Skyway and replce them with 900's at USAir (not the ones PSA have been offered and certainly not at the wages PSA will be paying).

Just Yesterday it was announced that Skyway's CEO is going to Air Wisconsin to be their CEO. My $ is on Air Wisconsin now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aerohawk said:

Would you care to provide some factual information to back up your remarks? I bet you cant find any. :eek:

Superpilot92 said:
Would you care to provide some factual information to back up your remarks? I bet you cant find any. :eek:

out of the top 7 regionals, expressjet was actually the LOWEST cost operator:

Airline Domestic Unit Costs (Cents per Mile)
Regionals
Ranked by 1st Quarter 2006 Domestic Unit Costs

1. Comair - 16.4
  2. American Eagle - 15.0
  3. Sky West - 14.4
  4. Atlantic Southeast - 14.0
  5. Pinnacle - 13.8
  6. Mesa - 12.7
  7. Express Jet - 12.2
I'm not really sure what is measured here, but it appears as though ExpressJet has the lowest cost of the 7 biggest carriers.

http://www.bts.gov/press_releases/2006/bts029_06/html/bts029_06.html

wheelsup said:

Regionals

1. Comair - 16.4
  2. American Eagle - 15.0
  3. Sky West - 14.4
  5. Pinnacle - 13.8
  6. Mesa - 12.7
  7. Express Jet - 12.2
I'm not really sure what is measured here, but it appears as though ExpressJet has the lowest cost of the 7 biggest carriers.

BUT, BUT, BUT......
That goes against everything that people like to say. The problem with forums are that 1 person says something over and over then everyone else thinks it must be true because everyone is saying it. Thanks for the post, good find.

wheelsup said:

Regionals

1. Comair - 16.4
  2. American Eagle - 15.0
  3. Sky West - 14.4
  5. Pinnacle - 13.8
  6. Mesa - 12.7
  7. Express Jet - 12.2

This information.....while nice and pretty, doesn't mean anything. The cost of a regional is 100% dependant on the Capacity Purchase Agreement they are flying under. SInce every single one is completly diferent those numbers don't mean squat! Honestly, Do you really think we're cheaper than MESA?

mckpickle said:
This information.....while nice and pretty, doesn't mean anything. The cost of a regional is 100% dependant on the Capacity Purchase Agreement they are flying under. SInce every single one is completly diferent those numbers don't mean squat! Honestly, Do you really think we're cheaper than MESA?

I wonder is doing our mx ourself and doing it for others help that number?

Latest resources

Back