• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about the Pinnacle guys?? They were in MKE with a sort of mini base for Norhtwest. I know they dream of flying for some one else.......

jws717 said:
I dont know where you got the idea Express Jet has a chance? They wont be able to compete with any CRJ opperator, who can get the jets out of the desert at pennies on the dollar. Express is paying premium rates on their leases. Plus Wisconsin already has a MX facility in MKE. Big plus for them.

I dont know where you get the Idea XJT doesnt have a chance. Premium Rates? Wrong. Our XRs out perform the 50 seat CRJ also. Also our planes are ready to go, no pulling anything out of the desert for us. The simple truth is none us will know till it happens.

Superpilot92 said:
I dont know where you get the Idea XJT doesnt have a chance. Premium Rates? Wrong. Our XRs out perform the 50 seat CRJ also. Also our planes are ready to go, no pulling anything out of the desert for us. The simple truth is none us will know till it happens.

The press release I saw increased your rate payments by 200 points on those aircraft. That's certainly a "premium rate" IMO.

Superpilot92 said:
The simple truth is none us will know till it happens.

Ain't that the truth. And I just heard our official Minister of Information is no longer with AWAC so we can't even get the usual "when our leadership team has something official to announce you can be sure we will tell you." Gee thanks. That cleared up everything.

Superpilot92 said:
Also our planes are ready to go, no pulling anything out of the desert for us. The simple truth is none us will know till it happens.

but i thought that your management already had plans for them, you and your buddies seemed pretty excited about a month ago?

You know that ERJ-XR gives me such wood. Sitting in that tube for 3+ hrs. God, I'm in ecstacy just thinking about it. Even up front, you can push the CLB button TWICE I tell you, TWICE!!

It's still an ERJ. It gives you 30 minutes of comfort over any CRJ, so that will amount to, at the outer limits, 2+00, before you want to pull your hair out. Now the ERJ pilot seats, there's a winner. About +45 of comfort!!

Not knocking XJET, but the "XR" is the poorman's E-Jet. Same range with half the comfort.

It will be interesting though. The less efficient, yet for once, lower acquisition cost CRJ vs. the more efficient ERJ from CoEx. I wonder if the 140 order would have any foreshadow...

Stay tuned and sit tight!!

By the time Uncle Hoolie parks all of our ERJ's @ TSA you'll be able to use those for the flying.

wheelsup said:
The press release I saw increased your rate payments by 200 points on those aircraft. That's certainly a "premium rate" IMO.

Considering we were the launch customer for the a/c we got them at a better rate than anyone else anyway. The 200 "basis point" only equals 2% increase in the lease rate.....which puts it very close to the other 50 seat operators.

According to our dir of ops voicemail we will be biding on a request for flying on 25 a/c for Midwest.

Superpilot92 said:
The XR we have can pretty much tag any city in the US from MKE. Just my observation.
Just because it can, does not mean that it should. I cringe at the thought of riding on some of your routes.

The Drizzle said:
but i thought that your management already had plans for them, you and your buddies seemed pretty excited about a month ago?

The planes are going to be flying for somewhere in the system, be it for someone else or some routes of our own. I am not worried just curious as to the plans, because regardless of the usage a new base is coming for XJT.

And for those that say our lease rates are higher. Yes they are a little higher but they are still good rates.

Latest resources

Back