Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlueCanoe said:
You know that ERJ-XR gives me such wood. Sitting in that tube for 3+ hrs. God, I'm in ecstacy just thinking about it. Even up front, you can push the CLB button TWICE I tell you, TWICE!!

It's still an ERJ. It gives you 30 minutes of comfort over any CRJ, so that will amount to, at the outer limits, 2+00, before you want to pull your hair out. Now the ERJ pilot seats, there's a winner. About +45 of comfort!!

Not knocking XJET, but the "XR" is the poorman's E-Jet. Same range with half the comfort.

It will be interesting though. The less efficient, yet for once, lower acquisition cost CRJ vs. the more efficient ERJ from CoEx. I wonder if the 140 order would have any foreshadow...

Stay tuned and sit tight!!

Poor mans E-Jet? You must mean that the E-Jet is the poor mans 737 right!! No one here is saying anything about getting wood however you sound pretty hard up on the E-Jet.

G2T said:
Just because it can, does not mean that it should. I cringe at the thought of riding on some of your routes.

The ERJ is just as comfortable as a full 737....give me any seat on the RJ as opposed to the middle seat on a full 737 or A320 any day of the week. CRJ's are not that bad either....the dis-comfort factor on RJ's is way overblown unless you're obese....I guess that explains why Americans are complaining. To me a 10 hour road trip in a civic is no less comfortable than the same road trip in a full size van. No apologies for flying the RJ on long routes here.....if 50 seats is what the market supports then 50 seats they shall recieve.

People are just ignorant when it comes to aircraft.....This plane is so small! But it's also fast!

It's also fast? Where do they come up with this stuff......

That said, I doubt XJET will win the Midwest bid. I'm sure they will farm it out to TSA or Mesa or some other low baller, despite the supposed "customer service oriented corporate philosophy". The dollar is king.

Alchemy said:
To me a 10 hour road trip in a civic is no less comfortable than the same road trip in a full size van.
Just like the erj, I don't like sitting in the back of a civic for more than an hour either, just my opinion.

Superpilot92 said:
Poor mans E-Jet? You must mean that the E-Jet is the poor mans 737 right!!
I'll give you a 50% ratio. While there are 1500 nm 50 seat markets (IAD-IAH), the ERJ tube is not pax friendly. That's all I'm saying. I'm 5'8" and 165 lbs, I think the ERJ is uncomfortable for more than 2+00. It is an EXCELLENT piece of equipement for 2+00 and shorter. God knows on a 1+30 Flt the lav is full, I'd hope the jungle kings put a bigger holding tank in the XR. That'd be great. Over VUZ, the F/A locks the lav cause the bowl's half full. That's all I'm saying. I'll bet I have more ERJ time than you do, and I loved every minute of it. From a passenger's perspective, it's not a comfortable long range aircraft. There's no malice, just a fact. Have you deadheaded on a 2+30 or longer flight? If you had someone sitting next to you and you're against the window, tell me how much you loved it. Granted it's 100X more comfortable than a CRJ, but that's for another day. When it flies the mission it was designed for, it is a world-beater. However, just cause you can doesn't mean you should...

The E-Jet, I'd say is a plane Airbus or Boeing wishes they built, as the seats are the same size as Airbus coach seats. In other words, it's made for fat asses. Embraer got the passenger comfort right on this one. It is a very comfortable cabin, and what the passengers think count.

The ERJ is just as comfortable as a full 737....give me any seat on the RJ as opposed to the middle seat on a full 737 or A320 any day of the week. CRJ's are not that bad either....the dis-comfort factor on RJ's is way overblown unless you're obese

I disagree... It also sucks for tall skinny guys like me. (6'3") I've Non-rev'ed on SWA and sat on ERJ and I have worlds more room on the 737, middle seat included. I get on an RJ or even some DC-9s and can barely get the tray table flat because of my knees in my throat....

After flying a bit and being in the airplane, I walk around with my head tilted sideways cause i can't stand up straight in the thing... Theres something to be said for a taller and wider cabin....

My $.02

You're standing up in the cabin for what, maybe 2 minutes total during boarding and deboarding? I'm 6'0" myself and my hair scrapes the ceiling if I stand up straight...but it's not terrible.....as far as the knees on the tray table...it's the same thing on a 737....I ride to work on one every week. Sure we'd all like 747 serivce between Des Moines and Milwaukee, but I'd also like 3 beautiful women waiting in my bed at the end of every 4 day....don't see either happening anytime soon.....

mckpickle said:
According to our dir of ops voicemail we will be biding on a request for flying on 25 a/c for Midwest.
There is no way Midwest wants 25 planes!!!!!!!

U-I pilot said:
I disagree... It also sucks for tall skinny guys like me. (6'3") I've Non-rev'ed on SWA and sat on ERJ and I have worlds more room on the 737,
You would say that about a Seminole if you were still driving them.

pilotmyf said:

Really?!

So what are the industry insiders telling you Benny? You seem to be firmly planted in the trenches on this one.

Oh yeah, let me add "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

pilotmyf said:

The 25 plane request is straight from our Director Of Flight Ops weekly message. He stated that Midwest came to us and asked for a proposal from us for 25 airplanes. He said we are working on that right now and should know something soon. So "way" midwest wants 25 planes. Thats all we know right now so we will see.

Latest resources

Back