• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Michael Roberts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i don't have any problems with the screening of pilots. how hard is it to replicate a pilot uniform and a little plastic badge? Which really raises other security concerns. These terrorist organizations have millions of dollars to work with, I sure then can shell out a few dollars to get a uniform and plastic card.

i don't have any problems with the screening of pilots. how hard is it to replicate a pilot uniform and a little plastic badge? Which really raises other security concerns. These terrorist organizations have millions of dollars to work with, I sure then can shell out a few dollars to get a uniform and plastic card.

Bingo. While there should be a system to avoid this hassle (Crewpass), until then TSA screens everybody going into the secure area who doesn't have a local SIDA badge. Presumably you can't get into the cockpit with a mail-order uniform and home-made badge because the gate agent is supposed to check. But you can certainly get into the terminal. So all the arguments about "shaking down pilots" don't hold water. You have to look at the big picture. If they didn't do this, it would be laughably easy to get bombs/weapons onto the airplane just by dressing up like a pilot.

Bingo. While there should be a system to avoid this hassle (Crewpass), until then TSA screens everybody going into the secure area who doesn't have a local SIDA badge. Presumably you can't get into the cockpit with a mail-order uniform and home-made badge because the gate agent is supposed to check. But you can certainly get into the terminal. So all the arguments about "shaking down pilots" don't hold water. You have to look at the big picture. If they didn't do this, it would be laughably easy to get bombs/weapons onto the airplane just by dressing up like a pilot.

I'm sorry but that's just stupid. FFDO's walk onto the plane with a gun. They have the same ID and uniform you do genius. Sheeple these days!

A little plastic badge? Well, go for broke then, make one up that says FBI, or even better Secret Service. There is no perfect system, however continously allowing liberty to be removed may make it a moot point.

A little plastic badge? Well, go for broke then, make one up that says FBI, or even better Secret Service. There is no perfect system, however continously allowing liberty to be removed may make it a moot point.

...like the point of no return. slippery slope, it is.

What's your point i don't think they should have weapons on the airplanes either? The FBI and Secret Service have their own aircraft and if they want to take their guns they can take those planes.

In fact lets go for broke, one person already said it, the only way to make it 100% safe is to eliminate all planes period. Everyone will just go back to cars and boats and there is no need to worry about aircraft fatalities.

Your a dipsit that has no understanding of what a farce pilot screening is, Not difficult to verify if you are the one who PIC's the plane these days..

Your a dipsit that has no understanding of what a farce pilot screening is, Not difficult to verify if you are the one who PIC's the plane these days..

A bad post.

I think the whole point is, why do pilots have to go thru security. Doesn't anybody realize that a pilot can kill everybody on that plain without TSA seeing his junk? I can understand why the general public has to go thru security, and it's up to them what they put up with. But as pilots, where we have to go thru this everyday, it's getting ridiculous. And really makes no since.

And are you saying he doesn't have many kids?

What really scares me....nevermind.

Latest resources

Back