• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Michael Roberts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't confuse the message with the messenger - not that his message was bad. He has valid points that a free society should discuss. Allow me to have a national ID card, an iris scan or whatever to bypass the BS. "and to the republic for which it stands" - so what does it stand for? increasing expensive govt. regulation to make us safer... TSA does not make me feel any safer... Prior to 911 and as of this date, I have a better chance getting killed driving to the airport than anything else happening... YMMV

Tell that to the guys in DTW last Xmas.....body scanner most likely would have prevented the underwear bomber..

I'm a robot when I go thru security. 99.8% of the time it a very simple process. We bud to the front of the line where I take nothing off because I have security friendly shoes and watch and belt. I couldn't be easier. On the very very rare occasion some TSA agent asks me to go thru the body scan I will grin and bear it and do as they say. It isn't worth it and I'm not going to let anyone, especially the TSA get me riled up over such a simple and routine process. I think he made a huge mistake and he really should gather his thoughts before he makes his next new appearance. I liked how he tried to take charge of the interview from the get go and the CNN gal was quick to chime in and put him in his place as to who was running the interview. Its sad that he priortizied his agenda ahead of putting food on the table at home for his wife and many kids he claimed he had.

I'm a robot when I go thru security. 99.8% of the time it a very simple process. We bud to the front of the line where I take nothing off because I have security friendly shoes and watch and belt. I couldn't be easier. On the very very rare occasion some TSA agent asks me to go thru the body scan I will grin and bear it and do as they say. It isn't worth it and I'm not going to let anyone, especially the TSA get me riled up over such a simple and routine process. I think he made a huge mistake and he really should gather his thoughts before he makes his next new appearance. I liked how he tried to take charge of the interview from the get go and the CNN gal was quick to chime in and put him in his place as to who was running the interview. Its sad that he priortizied his agenda ahead of putting food on the table at home for his wife and many kids he claimed he had.

I think the whole point is, why do pilots have to go thru security. Doesn't anybody realize that a pilot can kill everybody on that plain without TSA seeing his junk? I can understand why the general public has to go thru security, and it's up to them what they put up with. But as pilots, where we have to go thru this everyday, it's getting ridiculous. And really makes no since.

And are you saying he doesn't have many kids?

I think the whole point is, why do pilots have to go thru security. Doesn't anybody realize that a pilot can kill everybody on that plain without TSA seeing his junk? I can understand why the general public has to go thru security, and it's up to them what they put up with. But as pilots, where we have to go thru this everyday, it's getting ridiculous. And really makes no since.

And are you saying he doesn't have many kids?

Because its easy to get a fake airline Id an uniform, think outside the box because the bad guys do....

Think outside the box!

Because its easy to get a fake airline Id an uniform, think outside the box because the bad guys do....

Gee I wonder how employees get in and out of the pentagon?

Good thing TSA is in charge of body scanning those individuals or else national security would surely be at risk.

Point being, there are ways to allow pilots, who are ultimately able to do with the aircraft as they darn well please and don't need a knife, or underwear bomb to do it with, can clear security efficiently without being harassed by TSA as if they were a normal, average Joe showing up for work that day.

There is a reason it's extremely difficult to get a job as an airline pilot and when we make comments like this we diminish our profession.

Think outside the box!

Two words: Crew Pass.

Also, the security measure that we employ in this country are more about invasion of privacy then security! If we could only hire the type of personnel that El Al employs, we would be that much better off. It's all about behavior recognition and solid interviewing of each passenger that will make us safer, not machinery that is operated by a bunch of uneducated ill-fits.

With a TSA uniform and anything that remotely resembles a badge, you can waltz right through the exit- they don't even look up when the TSA guys walk through, much less examine whatever ID they're supposed to have.

Him - "I've got less money and more kids than most people I know."
Reporter - "Do you think you're going to lose your job over this?"
Him - "I don't know, that's not my priority right now."

Too bad demonstrating his ignorance of the Fourth Amendment protections to the nation is more important to him than feeding his family.

With a TSA uniform and anything that remotely resembles a badge, you can waltz right through the exit- they don't even look up when the TSA guys walk through, much less examine whatever ID they're supposed to have.

Do you check your buddies ID, license, medical and passport when he sits on the jumpseat? Do you really think they just show up at some random metal detector and get to work without knowing who they are working with? They have briefings and specific assignments that might not be obvious to us, "smart pilots".

Latest resources

Back