• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Michael Roberts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA, when it comes to screening pilots, is a joke. The conversation always goes like this:

Pilot: " Why are you screening me?"
TSA:" We are trying to prevent someone from taking control of the airplane."
Pilot:"How will you prevent me from doing so, since I am the one flying the airplane?"
TSA: With a blank stare,a flicker of realization and loud voice: "I am keeping America safe!"
Pilot:" You have a good day now!"

Last edited:
TSA, when it comes to screening pilots, is a joke. The conversation always goes like this:

Pilot: " Why are you screening me?"
TSA:" We are trying to prevent someone from taking control of the airplane."
Pilot:"How will you prevent me from doing so, since I am the one flying the airplane?"
TSA: With a blank stare,a flicker of realization and loud voice: "I am keeping America safe!"
Pilot:" You have a good day now!"

I might have to steal that and have it as my signature line.
:beer:

Am I the only one who thinks things may get worse for flight crews as a result of this?

I completely agree with his stand on the issues....screening pilots is a four course meal in window dressing. There are medical issues here as well folks.

Has anyone ever asked the TSA why they have to pat you down after you go through their new high tech machine? Shouldn't it see all and know all?

Auburn Calloway? He should have been screened out of the interview process.

A350

I completely agree with his stand on the issues....screening pilots is a four course meal in window dressing. There are medical issues here as well folks.

Has anyone ever asked the TSA why they have to pat you down after you go through their new high tech machine? Shouldn't it see all and know all?

Auburn Calloway? He should have been screened out of the interview process.

A350

The problem was Auburn Calloway worked for Flying Tigers and lied on his application regarding Navy S-3 PIC time and who knows what else.

For those not familiar with the case,

Auburn got cute after the merger with FedEx and tried to crank call Fred Smith during an employee closed circuit t.v. program. A chief pilot decided to investigate his background and discovered the falsification. He was due to be terminated then decided to end his life while in company service. FedEx had a lucrative life insurance program, the catch would be he didn't want any postmortem evidence, hence the spear gun. His original plan called for him to carry out the attack during his original rotation, however he timed out and carried out the attack as a jumpseater making it 3 against 1.

Last edited:
A little reminder.

After being shaken down for weapons by the TSA , we then sit two feet from a crash axe.

TSA screening for pilots is a waste of time.

Latest resources

Back