• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that why that little yellow aileron flag comes on all the time?

MM

So I'm thinking... why would our union go out of their way to state they were called into an "emergency meeting" with management, yet they can't say a single word???

If they don't want us being so pre-occupied with it at work and lighting up the message boards, they should've (and could've) just not said anything, we would've never known until whatever is going, happens.

Lots of hype, no answers.

I'm convinced nothing will happen. I'm going to stop hoping and wishing something good will finally happen here and go back to the way things were.
FO

thanks, I have an interview on the 6th of April. If things go well I wouldn't mind MEM. Is MEM a Saab and Avro base? And does the base that you get awarded depend on the aircraft you are assigned?

MEM is both saab and avro... as are all our bases accept CVG (strictly avro.) You as a newhire will go where the vacancies are. After the current line pilots have switched bases and equipment should they be able to and have that desire, the remaining spots will be filled by newhires.

Seniority in your class will be by age. When you're in class you fill out a preference bid sheet... which is a wish list of sorts. They will use your wishes compared to your seniority and award you a base, based on that wish list. Make sense? So if you're the only one in your class that wants MEM saab, and there is a slot you'll get it. But if there are 5 slots and you're the 6th most senior person in your class that wants MEM saab, you'll get your second choice or something like that.

Hope that helps...

FO

T-handle said:
So I'm thinking... why would our union go out of their way to state they were called into an "emergency meeting" with management, yet they can't say a single word???

If they don't want us being so pre-occupied with it at work and lighting up the message boards, they should've (and could've) just not said anything, we would've never known until whatever is going, happens.

Lots of hype, no answers.

People would still be asking questions about the class of 28...

Latest resources

Back